Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-10 Phillies (Lee) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers lose, 3-2, 10 innings]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

I'm sick of all these doomsday predictions.

If you guys are right, then you get to tell me that you saw the collapse coming.

If you are wrong, then I still had to read all these negative posts for 3/4 of this season.

If you guys are right, then you get to tell me that you saw the collapse coming.

If you are wrong, then I still had to read all these negative posts for 3/4 of this season.

I hate to tell you about the upcoming rapture then...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was sick of people saying it was 'over'. I"m not predicting 'doomsday', I said I still don't see them losing the division, but I'm tired of people saying there's nothing to worry about, and that it's over. The Cardinals are hot, and the Brewers flat out suck right now, and 6 games is NOT insurmountable in 2 1/2 weeks worth of games.

Hmm...wasn't that division lead 10.5 games not so long ago? Same 'ol Brewers.

They beat up on Astros, Pirates and Cubs but when it comes to facing good teams (Cards and Phills) they show their true colors.

They split the series versus the Cardinals this year that hardly proves your point.

I'm not sure what else McGehee needs to do to prove he has no business being in the five hole. If he starts over Green tomorrow I will just watch whatever NFL game is airing. I'm so sick of watching the garbage that is McGehee and Yuni batting back to back.

yeah, I now consider myself officially getting concerned. I still think they're going to be all right and, Lord knows, we were over due for a losing streak. But the lead's down to 6 and only 5 in the loss column. The sweaty palms and nervous twitches haven't arrived yet but they're on the horizon.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

what some of us have seen was the brewers beating bad baseball teams and getting great pitching which was needed because even through our streak the team offense was not very good.But someone told me don't worry all teams go though slumps like this however reminded him that it not good when you slump like this late in the season. Time to avoid baseball for a while maybe take next week off and that way won't get upset when Tony Boys come roaring back to take over the division. This will be the biggest fails in recent History bigger than the mets collapse.

I'm in agreement - even if the specific word "doomsday" doesn't appear in these negative (and in some cases repetitive) posts. Some of them almost sound like their authors are hoping to be right. It's hard to maintain patience right now, but I'd rather be up 6 games than down 6.

You've every right to switch to football if that's less frustrating for you, but if you are tired of the Brewers, take a break from this forum so those of us who still enjoy baseball aren't driven away. That's what I'm going to do for the rest of this evening. Good night.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

what some of us have seen was the brewers beating bad baseball teams and getting great pitching which was needed because even through our streak the team offense was not very good.But someone told me don't worry all teams go though slumps like this however reminded him that it not good when you slump like this late in the season. Time to avoid baseball for a while maybe take next week off and that way won't get upset when Tony Boys come roaring back to take over the division. This will be the biggest fails in recent History bigger than the mets collapse.
We have also been playing without our all star second-baseman who normally hits in the 5 hole and offers some protection for Prince. Seriously we play Colorado, Cinci, Chicago, and Pitt to close out the season. If we can't beat them, then I'll be more concerned. Losing four games in a row to Chris Carpenter, Cole Hamels, Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee isn't ideal, but these are great pitchers. There is no shame in loosing to them, but these losses are just coming at a bad time.

Also just remember, the Cards have a 4 game series in Philadelphia next weekend.

It is not "doomsday" at all. Brewers will win divison-albeit it may happen the last series.

This team is still a good team. This bad play may be a blessing in disguise because maybe RRR will finally make changes necessary before it is too late.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It is not "doomsday" at all. Brewers will win divison-albeit it may happen the last series.

This team is still a good team. This bad play may be a blessing in disguise because maybe RRR will finally make changes necessary before it is too late.
If he actually benches Yuni B and gives Hairston a shot at playing short for the rest of the year, I'll take back some of the bad things I've ever said about him.

If he actually benches Yuni B and gives Hairston a shot at playing short for the rest of the year, I'll take back some of the bad things I've ever said about him.

I'll second that. There is an article on the Brewer's website that says he is at least going to split time between Yuni and Hairston. Lets hope Rickie can come back full time soon.

If Weeks is healthy enough to play 2nd there is no reason to play JH at SS for at least a full week to see what he brings to this team. Slumps happen like people say but this is more than that. lets see what happens what good teams find ways to win Stl wins vs atl and the diamondbacks come back to beat the Padres. I guess we better hope that we can hold on to the division cause this has all the making for an epic fail

McGehee and Yuni are killing this team. Seriously killing it.

Green and Hairston should be starting at 3rd and short.

Morgan in center.

That is lineup.

Only time Morgan should be in center is late in a game or against a right handed pitcher. Morgan should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever (get the point yet?) be in against a lefty. I also like McGehee over Green when a lefty is pitching even though the stats don't suggest that I just prefer having Green on the bench late than McGehee.

Only time Morgan should be in center is late in a game or against a right handed pitcher. Morgan should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever (get the point yet?) be in against a lefty. I also like McGehee over Green when a lefty is pitching even though the stats don't suggest that I just prefer having Green on the bench late than McGehee.
So then you're OK with Gomez getting regular starts?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived