Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-10 Phillies (Lee) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers lose, 3-2, 10 innings]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green has been making some very good contact and having some really good at bats since being called up. Why RR is playing McGehee over Green at this point in the season is actually making me mad. Time to send a message to McGehee.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Why is it that since 2007, the Brewers continuously choose to play their very worst baseball in September? I HATE HATE HATE my friends and co-workers who say crap like "Yup, same old Brewers", but by God, this IS the same old Brewers. I really hope the 'it's over', and the 'there is NO reason to panic' crowd will let people panic now. The Crew is on the verge of getting swept at home by a team that's not using 3 of their top offensive players, and it's the team we'll almost certainly be facing in the first round, IF they manage to hang on to a playoff spot. I still think it will be difficult to blow the 6 game lead, but they've managed to give 4 1/2 games back in the space of 5 days. It's certainly feasible to give the remaining 6 back over the next 17 days.

And Bill James can shove his stupid 'clinch' calculator where the sun don't shine.

PrinceFielderx1 wrote:

Green has been making some very good contact and having some really good at bats since being called up. Why RR is playing McGehee over Green at this point in the season is actually making me mad. Time to send a message to McGehee.

It doesn't help when you get people like Brian saying McGehee has had a great night offensively when he's 0-3.

Cmon, really? We have three outs left and you are willing to give one up for a man on second at best.
I am not a fan of bunting, but I am fine with it there. Nice to get the guy to second base, but also to avoid the double play. Need to make sure both Braun and Fielder get a shot, and a double play eliminates that option.

Give up the out, and give your MVP candidates a chance to win/tie it.

edit: and very true, if braun gets out the bat is taken out of princes hands. didn't think that far ahead. Still not necessarily "pro-bunt", but I don't think its a terrible move.

Epic Fail is starting to approach i told you when the lead gets down to 5 the brewers will be looking at second place come come the end of next week.I guess we should not be concern about this team slumping at all . Remember when we were so awesome at home when we beat everyone .I guess we see how good teams find way to win against teams not Named Houston or the cubs or pirates. well the good news is the NFL is starting in full tomorrow. The brewers make their fans remember this season however will it be positive or negative we know in the next few weeks.

Archived