Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-09 Phillies (Halladay) at Brewers (Marcum) - [Brewers lose, 5-3]

pretendastronaut
they played better over the 6 game and it has continued in the next series as the Cards and Backs are hitting a stride while the brewers ship is floundering.But won't panic till it gets down to 5 Games and that should be sometime sunday.Well as long as some say it only a slump

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Who cares that the Brewers won 4 in a row right before this while the Cards dropped three of four?! Here it comes!"
The Brewers also played the Astros, Cubs, Pirates, Mets, and Dodgers. That huge stretch is very misleading. They didn't even play very good ball in a lot of those games. People are getting worried because we are now playing, and losing to, good teams.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

We're running up against some really good pitching lately, but it's not like the offense has been stellar, either. Fielder and Braun both seem to be in funks, and Roenicke keeps putting Betancourt and McGehee in the lineup consistently. That isn't a recipe for success.

I just really hope they can get these issues sorted out quickly before the playoffs. Otherwise we will see them bounced in the first round, which would be a big letdown after such an amazing year.

Edit: I also really wonder if one of our intrepid beat writers asked Roenicke about Yuni's continue starts after the game. It's so obvious he won't do anything after his one decent month. I really fear he's going to cost us big time in the playoffs. That bases loaded double play he hit into epitomized his season.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived