Brewer Fanatic

Advice on autographed Crew cowboy pic

Brewcrewfan77

I tried to post this on the Trading Forum but I didn't have the premission to post a new topic. I have a 16x20 poster of the Crew sporting their cowboy gear and I looking to get it completed by the team. I have a few already or lined up though Waukesha Sports Cards in the coming weeks. Are there any suggestions on how to get some of the other players namely the bigger ones without paying $125 especially for the likes of Fielder and Braun? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help.

Spring training would be the best option as you'd get to take an awesome trip and you'd probably spend less than paying for all the individual autos. Get the FA autos now though.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I tried to post this on the Trading Forum but I didn't have the premission to post a new topic. I have a 16x20 poster of the Crew sporting their cowboy gear and I looking to get it completed by the team. I have a few already or lined up though Waukesha Sports Cards in the coming weeks. Are there any suggestions on how to get some of the other players namely the bigger ones without paying $125 especially for the likes of Fielder and Braun? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for the help.

Did you get the 16x20 made yourself at a Walgreens type place? I have been looking to buy/make the same thing and wasn't sure how great the quality of the 16x20 would turn out from an internet pic.

I'm not trying to snarky here at all--this is my genuine opinion of this. I think you will have a hard time getting everybody to sign this. I would believe that most players in that picture would feel that this piece of art will be on ebay the second that all autographs are collected and would refuse to sign.

But what do I know? I say "go for it" because it'd be an awesome thing to display in a home. But I'm not sure how lucky you'll be, especially with the big boys (Fielder, Braun, others), getting all the signatures. I wish you luck. Keep us informed of how it's going.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm not trying to snarky here at all--this is my genuine opinion of this. I think you will have a hard time getting everybody to sign this. I would believe that most players in that picture would feel that this piece of art will be on ebay the second that all autographs are collected and would refuse to sign.
Perhaps. But while it would look super sweet framed and up on the wall I don't see something like this commanding a bunch of money on eBay, relatively speaking. When all is said and done I think a player that refused to sign on the grounds that it's going up for sale on eBay would be heavily flattering themselves, considering all the time and effort the person went to to to have it signed. There are much easier ways to make a couple hundred bucks. Plus a "pretty good" enlargement of a photo doesn't exactly equate to a "piece of art" IMO.

I definetly would never sell this on Ebay. I have a space on my wall already reserved for it. I had Axford sign it yesterday at Waukesha Sports Cards and he seemed impressed about it. He had a few good stories about shopping for the shirts and belts. I just want to get as many signatures as possible to remember a good hopefully great Brewer season.

yer best bet is going to the lot to get the bench and bullpen types. if you go, get there around noon or 1 for a 7pm game. maybe you can get some other guys. I got the 08 team to sign a bat i had, and it took me all season and part of the next season. it's a great project, but it's time consuming and if you want fielder, yer best bet might be having to pay. he signs a lot on the road, but without knowing where he'll be next year, you might be hard pressed to get it, or you'll have to be patient until you can get him.

Archived