Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-08 Phillies (Hamels) at Brewers (Narveson) - [Brewers lose, 7-2]

pretendastronaut
help me out, since I barely saw that 6th inning (was watching the Pack--guilty as charged.) Did Gomez botch 2 plays? I saw the misplayed single that he let skip by him for a triple. Did one get over his head for a double as well earlier/later in the inning? Is he that rusty out there or did he look apprehensive about making a play because he didn't want to hurt his collarbone again?
It was more rust than anything. He almost made the play on the double which he normally makes it looked as though he was just a step behind the ball most MLB CF won't even come two or three steps close to a ball like that. Another week or two and Gomez will be making those catches and making them look easy. That triple was just a bad route that Gomez took though it looked as though he was going to make the catch at first. He really didn't have a chance at it unless he dove but he was to far away to do that and it was just a bad route that he took to the ball.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived