Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 2-0]

pretendastronaut
They have been playing all year long. I am pretty sure Carpenter has said something or another to Morgan during the whole year. The Cardinals have cried the entire year about "the lighting" at Miller Park or the "stealing of signs". Morgan just told Carpenter off and Pujols decided he needed to run all the way from 1st base and it blew up. Oh well, I love Morgan still. And I am sure St. Louis will enjoy watching the Brewers play in October.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the rest of you, I am very disappointed in our situational hitting the last two nights. The black hole behind Prince has returned. Why does Casey stand a mile off of the plate and then consistantly let pitchers get him out on the outside corner? We could have used Gamel the last couple of days as a pinch hitter. I don't feel very good about the Phillies series. Hopefully the Braves will help us out against the Cardinals. I am not worried about where we fall in the play-offs at this point, I just want to be in them. I would like to clinch early so that we could work Rickie in easier. I do know that if we go .500 the rest of the way the Cardinals would have to win out in order to tie us. I would just like to see us have a strong September and storm into the playoffs, that would be the opposite of what we did in 82 and 08.

Enjoy October golf, Cards. I'll be thinking of you.

as much as I enjoy picturing the cards on a golf course in three weeks....it's worth noting that they've cut the braves wildcard lead to 6.5. the same braves team that probably hasn't left philly yet tonight, plays a double header in new york tomorrow, and then goes to st louis for three this weekend. 6.5 is still a lot, but the braves are struggling and have some injuries to their staff (I know they've got ridiculous youth/depth in the rotation, but still). Definitely not a great spot for the Cards, but they have to be feeling a lot better about their chances than they were 10 days ago.

Enjoy October golf, Cards. I'll be thinking of you.

as much as I enjoy picturing the cards on a golf course in three weeks....it's worth noting that they've cut the braves wildcard lead to 6.5. the same braves team that probably hasn't left philly yet tonight, plays a double header in new york tomorrow, and then goes to st louis for three this weekend. 6.5 is still a lot, but the braves are struggling and have some injuries to their staff (I know they've got ridiculous youth/depth in the rotation, but still). Definitely not a great spot for the Cards, but they have to be feeling a lot better about their chances than they were 10 days ago.

Highly unlikely, but that would be sweet if the brewers hosted the backs in the NLDS I stead of the braves, while the phillies and cards go head to head.

Fox 6 says Morgan is telling the truth....Carpenter denies it.....how will he explain lying to his son?

fox6sports FOX6 Sports

by BrewerNation

Slow motion replays (magic of my editing system) shows @Brewers @TheRealTPlush was definitely provoked by Cardinals Chris Carpenter.

http://twitter.com/#!/fox6sports/status/111633573450231808

I only listened by radio and did not see the to-do. However, I think the notions of "Nyjer getting hot" and "Carpenter pushing Nyjer's buttons" are equally plausible.

See you in 2012, STL, and even then will be too soon.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I am not going to worry about anything until the crew lead drops to 5 1/2 games but i am sure glad we are done with the Cards because we had a chance to bury them and put a lock on the division but lost 5/6 and got outplayed by a better ball club in the the big last two series. Now we need to take care of our business and win our games This division is in our hands and we need to finish this off.

The Cardinals really outplayed us badly in these six games, which is somewhat concerning. Had a chance to bury them just by splitting and we lost 5 of 6 and pretty convincingly. I shouldn't be worried with an 8.5 game lead...but I kinda am. We've been outplayed by the Cardinals here, we already seem to be counting our chickens before they hatch and we we have some tough games coming up here.

Unless Carpenter said something as the pitch was heading home, I'm 99% sure Morgan had the first words. He's clearly aware of the Brewers huge division lead as he mentioned it three times in that post-game interview, all he has to do is not say anything. Just walk to the dugout. I know it's nice when players show fire and all of that, but there's no need to start trash talking when there's two outs left in what's essentially a meaningless game (yeah I know they lost 5 of 6 to them yada yada).

A few weeks ago one of the broadcasters was saying Carp will yell at players that get frustrated after making an out against him. Something to the effect of you should expect to make an out so quit whining. Plush should have kept his mouth shut, they have much bigger fish to fry. The Cards are what they are...they live in their own universe where they write their own rules. Carp, TLR, Baseball Jesus, Yadi...they've shown their stripes this year. They'll antagonize anyone they play...it's just how they conduct themselves. Whatever...they can enjoy reading their unwritten rulebook this offseason. We're going to the playoffs. I'm more worried about the DBacks.

Cards fans are having an absolute twitterdammerung right now, and it's kinda ugly; a lot of violent stuff and a few n-words.

That said, Morgan's tweets were pretty childish. Still, I think the majority of the "scrum" rests on Pujols running across the field to confront him.

WHY DEFEND CARPENTER instead of Morgan?? Yes his tweets were childish but he said Carpenter said something first. It takes Carpenter admitting it for you guys to believe him?? Carpenter has a history of confrontations with everyone from batters to umps to his own team! I can't stand him.

Carpenter is pissed at Morgan's antics throughout the game, strikes him out on a long at bat and curses out loud AT Morgan (HE ADMITTED IT). Morgan did nothing wrong but the tweets. I wouldn't take someone saying something at me after a strikeout.

And then there is Pujols....I can't think of the adjective to describe my hate for him. Runs across the field like a ballerina. WOW.

Glad we've seen the last of the Cardinals.

Carpenter apparently admitted to saying something first during an interview with MLB network.

Is there a link to where Carpenter said he started things? If not, what did Carpenter say exactly on MLB Network? Last night on TV it looked pretty one sided with Nyjer really losing it.

Community Moderator
Ultimately this was between two guys with a history of altercations and I see no reason to point any fingers. It takes two to tango. Carpenter should keep his mouth shut and Morgan should let it go.

Archived