Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 2-0]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now I can see why the Pirates and Nationals got rid of Morgan. Yeah he can be fun and exciting but that was completely unnecessary and stupid.

It's actually not all that dumb. Morgan's done for the game anyways, so why not rile up the pitcher that has been on fire all game. Maybe you get a chance to get him kicked out as well?

What happened?

Carpenter struck out Morgan after a long at bat. As he was walking back to the dugout he was saying something to Carpenter and threw his chew onto the field. Pujols jogged over towards Morgan and Morgan let out a clear loud naughty word that can't be typed. Benches clear, nothing happens. Bill Schroeder blames it on Albert Pujols.

I wouldn't put it past Carpenter to drill Prince here since the Brewers wouldn't get a shot at retaliation this season.

Nevermind.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Nyjer was talking trash to Carpenter from the moment he struck out. From what I can tell there wasn't anything that Carpenter did that would have led him to do that.

He was staring down Carpenter as he walked to the dugout and then Pujols came running over telling him to go sit down.

Because he is god of baseball Nyjer was tossed and Albert was allowed to stay in the game.

Wouldn't put it past Carpenter to say something snarky. At the least, Morgan ratcheted things up several notches with F bombs and attitude. At worst, Carpenter said nothing and Nyjer pulled all that drama out of thin air.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

The Cards broadcast showed a replay from a high angle behind home plate, one where you could see the entire infield. It was weird. It didn't look like Carpenter said anything - he actually had his back turned the entire time. Nothing was happening aside from Nyjer running his mouth (and flinging his dip) until Pujols decided to escalate it. I'm not saying Pujols did anything really bad, it's just that it seemed like the benches wouldn't have cleared had Pujols not run over. Molina, the hot head he normally is, was actually doing a nice job of calmly staying in between Nyjer and the infield while Nyjer was dropping f-bombs.

I figure that had Pujols not come over, Braun, being the closest Brewer to Nyjer, would have probably gotten him out of there before anything bad happened. Then again, who knows, maybe Nyjer would have walked onto the infield and started something.

When Morgan got kicked out he said 'he said it first, so he should be kicked out too'. I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan was just trying to fight for the sake of trying to get Carpenter out of the game. Unless he gets suspended, it doesn't really matter. What's the negative? His reputation goes down?

Archived