Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 2-0]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding me with that throw Hart? You can't throw out Berkman from shallow right? Just awful. This team defense is atrocious.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Nice job swearing right into the mic, McGehee.

I was watching the Cardinals feed on the MLB package yesterday and their mic caught McGehee as he was walking towards the dugout dropping an F-bomb. The announcer went out of his way to apologize to the viewing audience as the on-field mic's sometimes catch this type of language.

That was just brutal. That was a shallow popup with a slow runner on third and that is the throw we get? If he puts it anywhere near the plate he's out by a mile. One run with the way Carpenter is pitching is huge.

We're lucky the Cardinals have sucked against other teams because they have really outplayed us in this six game stretch. We're not executing at all against them the way we have against other teams. No clutch hitting, bad defense, bad fundamentals....ugh.

Oh my god Corey, you are so terrible at throwing. Year after year, no improvement, always flat footed and weak. So frustrating.
He clearly is heading downward in his play. Speed = gone. Throwing arm = gone. What's next = power/batting average? He'd be a guy I'd be looking to trade this off-season if I were Melvin as his value would be as high as it will ever be.

I don't think that poor throw had anything to do with Hart's arm strength. He was nonchalant with the play from the beginning. He didn't think Berkman was going to run, and by the time he realized he was going he wasn't in position to make a strong throw. Terrible effort.

Archived