Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-07 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Carpenter) - [Brewers lose, 2-0]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it seem like Cardinals players will always run to first base on a full count, regardless of pitch location? It was a good pitch, but come on, guys look like idiots running to first while getting rung up.

Carpenter flew through the Brewers first time around. Facing the minimum.

I think the Brewers are in a hurry to get home.
I think they were instructed to offer early in counts because if Carp gets ahead of you it can be all over. I think the Crew did damage against him in the previous game with the same strategy, but he's looked almost unhittable thus far with the high power fastball and slurve on the corners.

Quickest ejection ever. That ump must have really thin skin. That said, it was a strike.
His cursing after the first strikeout probably didn't get things started off right.

EDIT: It was a little bit outside, but not enough to argue that much about.

Quickest ejection ever. That ump must have really thin skin. That said, it was a strike.

McGehee complained after his first K too though, which I'm sure factored into that.

Lots of close, borderline pitches to Casey, but the ump has been consistent with that call all night. protect the plate, casey.

Eh, I can't really blame Casey for the AB or subsequent argument. The umpire has been giving a few inches off the plate making Carp's slurve virtually unhittable and he has been hitting that spot repeatedly. I guess this means Counsell in the 5-hole now. Ugh.

Archived