Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Lohse) - [Brewers lose, 4-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are going to play Green at 2B why would you let Betancourt hit? Roenicke is Yost season 1 needing Vanderwahl telling him to get a pinch hitter ready

because yuni's a better hitter than Counsell, so he wanted to PH for Counsell? Not saying it was the right move, but that doesn't seem to be too ridiculous of a thought process.

good work by frankie to get out of that. ump with an assist.
If you are going to let Green play 2B you don't need Wilson, so Wilson can come in to play SS meaning you can hit Kotsay or Kottaras (or even Schafer or Gomez) for Betancourt.
I don't disagree with that, just trying to find the rationale. Maybe he doesn't want to use all his bench infielders. Maybe he wants to be able to pinch hit for Yuni in the 9th inning in a big spot if he comes up instead of leaving it to Josh Wilson

I really think Green needs to be starting almost everyday at a combo of 3B/2B in the 5th spot. Our offense is just dead after 1-4 (besides Lucroy at times).
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Just turned on Fox channel 6 in Milwaukee and Tom Pippens just said the Diamondbacks are losing to the "Red hot" Rockies. Psssst, Tom, the Rockies are 3-7 in their last 10
We just need them to be red hot during this series.

On the up (or up-ish) side, the Brewers have only one game left against the Classy Machine this season!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The lack of middle of the order production last night was very frustrating. I really cannot stand watching Yuni's swing anymore (and admit I mentioned this quite a bit on Twitter last night). How Roenicke can justify keeping him in the six spot is beyond me at this point. You would think an MLB manager would see his approach at the plate and never bat him higher than 8th in the order. I know we've discussed this ad nauseum, but I am really fearing that McGehee and Betancourt batting so high in the order is going to cause us to lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Prince has been in something of a funk lately, and that isn't helping. Over the past 14 days he is batting .214 with a .765 OPS.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

During the first inning when Yuni B came up with bases loaded 2 outs, I said to my wife and neighbor, "10 bucks says he pops out to the infield on the first or 2nd pitch".

Nobody paid me though. They said it was too predictable.

Someone should really force Roenicke to watch Betancourt's recent ABs. Maybe the fact he is a horrible hitter would finally sink in.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived