Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-06 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cardinals (Lohse) - [Brewers lose, 4-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielder looked like he dove right over that ball.
I don't think statistics fully quantify how bad of a defender he's become. Bad range, bad coordination, bad throws, etc. The Brewers won't miss that aspect of his contribution next season.

That half inning was literally under 3 minutes.

Corey Hart has some goofy looking catches. He always has that half-grin on his face afterwards too, knowing it wasn't all that routine.

Full inning: 7 minutes total including the break.

In fairness to McGehee, that puts tremendous pressure on him to hit ahead of such an inept hitter as Yuni. He expanded his zone there and I can't blame him, really. If they unintentionally walk him those baserunners go for naught anyways. I'd like to see how he fared for a few days hitting ahead of Green. The range we sacrifice at 2nd base would in all likelihood be worth it, especially considering the guy he'd be replacing (Yuni) is a detriment at his own position.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about ARI, especially with their cushy schedule ahead. I'm also a little worried about Yo these days, I hope he's not hitting a wall at the end here. An extra day or two of rest might help him.

Archived