Brewer Fanatic

The Cowboy Photo

jwill535
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking maybe #17 is Saito's interpreter, Kosuke Inaji.
I agree with thablingster on #17, since at first I thought he was Saito. Do we know for sure Rickie made the trip?

Fairly sure that I saw Weeks during the game yesterday on FSN.

I'd love to see them do a photo a la "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". I'm thinking Josh Wilson as Clint Eastwood, Mark Kotsay as Tuco, and a slimmed down Doug Melvin as Angel Eyes.

I must say that I can't imagine too many folks in Texas wearing CC's outfit.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in this thread, but I read that Counsell didn't go with the team to whatever western store they used for all this stuff, opting instead for a thrift store. I was travelling this weekend and don't remember where I read that, but it was on Twitter, so it was likely, TH, Rosiak or McCalvy.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere in this thread, but I read that Counsell didn't go with the team to whatever western store they used for all this stuff, opting instead for a thrift store. I was travelling this weekend and don't remember where I read that, but it was on Twitter, so it was likely, TH, Rosiak or McCalvy.
I saw that too. He said he would never be wearing those clothes again so he didn't see a reason to buy anything expensive.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I saw that too. He said he would never be wearing those clothes again so he didn't see a reason to buy anything expensive.
I'd like to see a follow-up question about whether or not he sees the reason now...................yikes.

Cool pic. Lots of fun with this team, maybe Ax will change his crappy song to the good the bad the ugly.

That'd be cool (and should've been the choice to begin with IMO), but with as superstitious as baseball players are, I can't see it happening.

It would be cool once. After that, it's a slow, boring song that wouldn't get the crowd fired up at all. Its pretty much the same as the song he has now (a fast song that no one knows so no one gets fired up for it).

As for Counsell... all I could see when I saw his outfit...

http://www.thegoldencloset.com/merchant/graphics/00000001/S0019d.jpg

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

from http://milwaukee.brewers....ey=notebook_mil&c_id=mil

It was manager Ron Roenicke's idea to go cowboy for the flight to St. Louis, and players traveled in groups to Houston outfitters to gear-up. Rather, most of them did. Catcher Jonathan Lucroy had everything he needed already in his closet, and bought a new belt buckle for fun. Craig Counsell opted for a thrift store, figuring his cowboy getup had very little chance of seeing the light of day after Sunday.

Archived