Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-02 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Harrell) - [Brewers win, 8-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October SI cover...

RR drinks too much High Life.

This team is where it is despite RR and his love affair for Yuni and Casey. I mean the way this team was pitching who can't win games with two MVP candidates. The issue is those guys will have off days and others will need to pick them up. Well they aren't.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So for all the 'sky is falling stuff', there's also 'everything's going to be fine' talk. Well, back in 2008, on Sept 1, the Brewers had 93.5% playoff odds, then went on their terrible slide, and dropped to 13.4% playoff odds on Sept 20th, before rebounding, catching the Mets, and pulling it out on the very last day.

In the last 8 years there are 3 teams that have had >> 90% playoff odds, who then missed the playoffs.

I'm not jumping off the ledge, and I'm not saying a collapse is likely, or predictable, but I sure wish just as those saying 'we're screwed' need to relax, those on the other side of the fence shouldn't keep saying 'no worries' until that magic number is a bit closer to zero.

No one said the playoffs are in the bag. The Brewers losing 4 in a row (if they do) is not some kind of choke job either. Othewise, I'm not going to tell anyone when they should get worried or not. I will just sooth myself with the fact that the Brewers are still easily 10:1 favorites to win the Central.
Given that we've won exactly one division title in 40 years of existence, I can fully understand why people are getting antsy here. Like I said, I'm not jumping off a ledge (yet), but I can understand why people aren't exactly thrilled with the events of the past 4 days now.

So for all the 'sky is falling stuff', there's also 'everything's going to be fine' talk. Well, back in 2008, on Sept 1, the Brewers had 93.5% playoff odds, then went on their terrible slide, and dropped to 13.4% playoff odds on Sept 20th, before rebounding, catching the Mets, and pulling it out on the very last day.

In the last 8 years there are 3 teams that have had >> 90% playoff odds, who then missed the playoffs.

I'm not jumping off the ledge, and I'm not saying a collapse is likely, or predictable, but I sure wish just as those saying 'we're screwed' need to relax, those on the other side of the fence shouldn't keep saying 'no worries' until that magic number is a bit closer to zero.

No one said the playoffs are in the bag. The Brewers losing 4 in a row (if they do) is not some kind of choke job either. Othewise, I'm not going to tell anyone when they should get worried or not. I will just sooth myself with the fact that the Brewers are still easily 10:1 favorites to win the Central.
Given that we've won exactly one division title in 40 years of existence, I can fully understand why people are getting antsy here. Like I said, I'm not jumping off a ledge (yet), but I can understand why people aren't exactly thrilled with the events of the past 4 days now.
I was born in 83 so obviously I have never even sniffed the opportunity of a Division Title. Yes it doesn't help me when things start going south.

YONDER ALONSO!

That just reminded me of the guy running through the concourse, the last day of the season in 2008 just screaming WES HELMS! WES HELMS! WES HELMS!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

LaTroy Hawkins is warming up. I almost forgot that he was in our bullpen. I'd like to see RR use our "better" relievers and keep us in this game.
The good thing about this stretch is that without it, K-Rod's and Axford's arms would have fallen off from overuse.

LaTroy Hawkins is warming up. I almost forgot that he was in our bullpen. I'd like to see RR use our "better" relievers and keep us in this game.
The good thing about this stretch is that without it, K-Rod's and Axford's arms would have fallen off from overuse.
One win sprinkled in would be ok. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

So can will Green start getting more PT? Just looking at his swing and approach, you can tell he could do at least as well as McGehee/Yuni.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived