Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-02 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Harrell) - [Brewers win, 8-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RRR gave McGehee the green light because he knows the guy behind him in the order wouldn't get the job done. That's the only reason why he gets the green light there. Hey, RRR: IF YOU DIDN'T BAT BETANCOURT 6TH THEN WE'D HAVE BASES LOADED AND ONE OUT! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T BAT YOUR WORST HITTER 6TH.

RRR gave McGehee the green light because he knows the guy behind him in the order wouldn't get the job done. That's the only reason why he gets the green light there. Hey, RRR: IF YOU DIDN'T BAT BETANCOURT 6TH THEN WE'D HAVE BASES LOADED AND ONE OUT! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T BAT YOUR WORST HITTER 6TH.

But in this situation, Yuni with the bases loaded and 1 out wouldn't be that bad. He doesn't strike out a lot and puts the ball in play. If he hits one to the outfield, a run scores.

edit: and of course he strikes out there.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So for all the 'sky is falling stuff', there's also 'everything's going to be fine' talk. Well, back in 2008, on Sept 1, the Brewers had 93.5% playoff odds, then went on their terrible slide, and dropped to 13.4% playoff odds on Sept 20th, before rebounding, catching the Mets, and pulling it out on the very last day.

In the last 8 years there are 3 teams that have had >> 90% playoff odds, who then missed the playoffs.

I'm not jumping off the ledge, and I'm not saying a collapse is likely, or predictable, but I sure wish just as those saying 'we're screwed' need to relax, those on the other side of the fence shouldn't keep saying 'no worries' until that magic number is a bit closer to zero.

But in this situation, Yuni with the bases loaded and 1 out wouldn't be that bad. He doesn't strike out a lot and puts the ball in play. If he hits one to the outfield, a run scores.

jinx

well said......my feelings exactly

So for all the 'sky is falling stuff', there's also 'everything's going to be fine' talk. Well, back in 2008, on Sept 1, the Brewers had 93.5% playoff odds, then went on their terrible slide, and dropped to 13.4% playoff odds on Sept 20th, before rebounding, catching the Mets, and pulling it out on the very last day.

In the last 8 years there are 3 teams that have had >> 90% playoff odds, who then missed the playoffs.

I'm not jumping off the ledge, and I'm not saying a collapse is likely, or predictable, but I sure wish just as those saying 'we're screwed' need to relax, those on the other side of the fence shouldn't keep saying 'no worries' until that magic number is a bit closer to zero.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm done watching this offense until Weeks comes back or Roenicke is fired. Because those are the only two things that will move McGehee and Betancourt from the 5 and 6 spots in the order.
I found myself in a conversation today with a co-worker about what I'd do about my baseball viewership if Yuni is renewed. I honestly don't think I can take another entire season of watching this guy play. I know, I know, the Yuni hating needs to stop, but this guy is without a doubt the worst starting ballplayer I've had to stomach in my 30+ years of watching ballgames.

McGehee and Betancourt are absolutely awful, and two of the worst everyday players in all of baseball. The fact they are hitting 5 and 6 everyday is an abomination. And for all those people who ask what other options there are, the answer is simple. ANYONE!
I am not Shea Vucinich

No one said the playoffs are in the bag. The Brewers losing 4 in a row (if they do) is not some kind of choke job either. Othewise, I'm not going to tell anyone when they should get worried or not. I will just sooth myself with the fact that the Brewers are still easily 10:1 favorites to win the Central.

Archived