Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-02 Brewers (Greinke) at Astros (Harrell) - [Brewers win, 8-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the point is to make reactionary post in the in game thread every time a pitcher gives up a few singles then sure I don't get it. 2 runs in 4 innings is not infuriating, and one of those runs is largely attributable to a bad throw on a stolen base.
No the point is that Greinke all year seems to space out in games and then snap out of it. Its like he cant pitch his best unless there is some pressure.
Hyperbole. Greinke's given up 2 runs or fewer in 9 of his last 10 starts, including games against CIN, STL, ARI, and COL. He lowered his ERA from 5.66 to 4.05 from beginning of July to end of August.
Again you also are missing the point that we are making. I am not talking about runs. Its amazing how he can go from amazing to pedestrian to amazing again in the same inning. That is what is frustrating.

No the point is that Greinke all year seems to space out in games and then snap out of it. Its like he cant pitch his best unless there is some pressure.
Hyperbole. Greinke's given up 2 runs or fewer in 9 of his last 10 starts, including games against CIN, STL, ARI, and COL. He lowered his ERA from 5.66 to 4.05 from beginning of July to end of August.
Again you also are missing the point that we are making. I am not talking about runs. Its amazing how he can go from amazing to pedestrian to amazing again in the same inning. That is what is frustrating.
What makes him pedestrian? That he gets an out, allows a couple of singles, and strikes out the next 2? I understand at times it looks like he gets hit hard. But this seems like the first start in a long time (other than PIT) where that's happened. And I think a lot of it at the beginning of the year was due to him basically not having a spring training.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

What makes him pedestrian? That he gets an out, allows a couple of singles, and strikes out the next 2? I understand at times it looks like he gets hit hard. But this seems like the first start in a long time (other than PIT) where that's happened. And I think a lot of it at the beginning of the year was due to him basically not having a spring training.
The book on ZG is, and has been for years, sit on his FB, hope you get one you can hit. If he's throwing his breaking stuff over, you're pretty much screwed. He looks great when that slider catches the corner, but looks pedestrian when he can't seem to get it over. Maybe that changes AB to AB, but I really don't think so.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived