Brewer Fanatic

September Pepsi Refresh Project: Treyton Kilar Field of Dreams

Braminano

A few months ago, the Treyton Kilar Field of Dreams just fell a few votes short of getting any funding money from the Pepsi Refresh Project. The Brewerfan community did an amazing job spreading awareness and voting as much as possible. This month, the field is once again up for some funding through Pepsi and it would be amazing if we could all once again pitch in and let friends and relatives know about this. You can vote both online and via text and the direct link is http://www.refresheverything.com/trey

Thanks everyone!

I see that if you have Pepsi products around the house, you can dig out codes that allow you to "power vote."

Braminano, does this end on September 30? I can't find the date on the site. If I remember correctly, the last vote ended at 11 PM CT (midnight ET).

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I power-voted with the number inside a Pepsi twelve pack, but it only gave me five votes. I wonder if the number of votes granted is random as it would seem that a twelve pack should be worth more than a bottle cap. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You can use up to five power-vote codes in one day; that's cool. Also, on a given day, it appears that you can use a normal "single" vote in addition to power-voting.

Keep in mind that you can also text message one vote daily. This is in addition to any other voting that you do that day. Send to 73774 with 108723 as the message.

• 2 weeks later...
The Treyton Kilar page currently says, "FINALIST... Finished in the Top 10 in September 2011." Braminano, what does that mean?

The field finished 2nd overall and since it was part of the top 10, that means it is a finalist eligible for the $50,000 grant. So, unofficially the field has been awarded the $50,000, now I think it is probably a matter of Pepsi's legal team going over everything and ensuring that the money is used properly. I'm sure the grant will come with certain expectations on the part of Pepsi as well, but I can't see any scenario in which the field would somehow be denied the grant now.

I would like to sincerely thank Brewerfan for raising the awareness and putting the vote link on every page. Your votes and support have all meant so much towards building something great out of such a terrible tragedy. Thank you so much.

I can't see any scenario in which the field would somehow be denied the grant now.

That's the news I was hoping to hear. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif The wording on the project page wasn't really clear.

Per JSOnline.

Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder will serve as catcher for the ceremonial first pitch prior to Game 2 of the National League Championship Series at Miller Park on Monday.

Throwing the pitch will be Mike Kilar, father of Treyton Kilar, a devoted fan of both the Brewers and Fielder who was killed by a drunk driver one month shy of his seventh birthday last September.

Mike and Mary Kilar, the Kilar family and the community are rallying to build the Treyton Kilar Field of Dreams in his memory. Brewers Community Foundation is making a $10,000 donation to the Whitewater Community Foundation to help the project.

Fans can lend their support to this project by visiting Treysfield.org.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone! Just wanted to share this from their facebook:

"It's Official! We took 2nd place in September's Pepsi Refresh Challenge earning Treyton's Field of Dreams $50,000! Thank you again for all that everyone did to make this happen. We couldn't have done it without you! We are that much closer to helping Treyton's Field of Dreams become a reality very soon!"

Archived