Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-01 Cardinals (Dickson) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers lose, 8-4]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RoCoBrewfan[/b]]I think people need to realize.......when the Brewers haven't won a division title in almost 30 years, it's natural to expect people to get a little skittish when they start playing poorly, if even for only a few days. It's not like we're conditioned to EXPECT to win here.

It'll most likely be just fine, but I'm not surprised that people aren't exactly thrilled about how they've played these last 3 days.

THIS! Yes there might be an overwhelming amount of negative feeligns for a potential sweep at the hands of the Cards, but the memories of the almost crash and burn September 2008 and collapse in 2007 don't exactly inspire confidence. Let's not forget the Brewers almost lost the division in 1982 as well in Baltimore.

I think we all have a little right to overreact in this situation. We all put our heart and soul into rooting for this team and we so rarely have been rewarded with playoff teams, that now that we are so close to winning a division for the first time in 30 years, we tend to overreact when things go bad.

I don't have one issue with scared fans or doom and gloomers. We're Brewer fans. It should be expected.

Let's go Crew!! A comeback win crushes their spirits!!

I can't jump on board with thinking we're the Brewers, we should expect bad results. If anything, your mentions of the 2007 and 2008 teams just serves to remind me that the core of this team has taken their lumps when the pressure is on, and the team has felt more mature in the second half the season, IMO.

I hear what you're saying. I just wanted to step on their throats in this series and put the division to rest. Why give them hope?

I'm with you, I'd much rather we were after a sweep today as well, and I'm frustrated with the result of this series, but I'm just not able to get worked up about it, and think it's important to keep perspective.

And now the Crew is knocking on the door and is already into the Cardinal bullpen, which has been their biggest weakness all season. Still a long way to go.

Pitching change already? He was at 56 pitches in the 4th. LaRussa is putting alot of faith in his bullpen.

The pitching decisions seem odd. This guy was going on 3 days rest in place of Carpenter. And hasn't the Cardinals bullpen been unreliable?

Early hook today by LaRussa. The Cardinals can absolutely not afford to blow this game at any cost. It would be devastating.

Agreed. He looked like a genius bringing Dotel in to K Luc and YoGa there but there's plenty of game left to have his bullpen blow it. Losing today and wearing out his pen before playing Cincy could have lingering ramifications.

RoCoBrewfan[/b]]I think people need to realize.......when the Brewers haven't won a division title in almost 30 years, it's natural to expect people to get a little skittish when they start playing poorly, if even for only a few days. It's not like we're conditioned to EXPECT to win here.

It'll most likely be just fine, but I'm not surprised that people aren't exactly thrilled about how they've played these last 3 days.

THIS! Yes there might be an overwhelming amount of negative feeligns for a potential sweep at the hands of the Cards, but the memories of the almost crash and burn September 2008 and collapse in 2007 don't exactly inspire confidence. Let's not forget the Brewers almost lost the division in 1982 as well in Baltimore.

I think we all have a little right to overreact in this situation. We all put our heart and soul into rooting for this team and we so rarely have been rewarded with playoff teams, that now that we are so close to winning a division for the first time in 30 years, we tend to overreact when things go bad.

I don't have one issue with scared fans or doom and gloomers. We're Brewer fans. It should be expected.

Let's go Crew!! A comeback win crushes their spirits!!

I can't jump on board with thinking we're the Brewers, we should expect bad results. If anything, your mentions of the 2007 and 2008 teams just serves to remind me that the core of this team has taken their lumps when the pressure is on, and the team has felt more mature in the second half the season, IMO.

I'm not saying expect bad results. I'm saying that we as Brewer fans are not used to success and because success has been so fleeting for the Brewers, it is only natural to expect fans to get nervous and scared when things don't go our way in a series such as this. We all are pulling in the same direction and not everyone has the same perspective on what one series means. Cut them some slack for overreacting. People are going to overreact and it should be expected.

No reason not to pinch hit Gallardo there. Short starts suck but we can call up pitchers now to protect against short starts. We can't really afford to fall any further behind them right now and the middle of their order is coming up on a day where Gallardo obviously doesn't have it.

trwi7 wrote:

No reason not to pinch hit Gallardo there. Short starts suck but we can call up pitchers now to protect against short starts. We can't really afford to fall any further behind them right now and the middle of their order is coming up on a day where Gallardo obviously doesn't have it.

How lovely. Just as I post this Holliday crushes one and we're down 5 just like that.

Why in the hell is YoGa still in this game? RRR...move your feet toward the mound and get him already! Again, getting out-managed by a drunk in tinted glasses!!!
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Not watching the game, but I see Yo has a lot of Ks today. So why so many HRs? Is he just grooving fastballs, hanging breaking stuff?

He's not a big game pitcher.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Can never be proven, but can't help but wonder how many more regular and post-season games would be won with Furcal/Green vs Yuni/Casey. Don't tell me this was an "all in" year. If it was, Doug would have found a real SS and given Green the chance to prove his worth months ago.

We'll see where this ride ends, but it's shame with a team that his this rotation, Axford, Krod, Fielder, Braun, Weeks, and Hart that we cheaped out at SS, and used the 1907 book on how to treat a rookie.

Archived