Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-01 Cardinals (Dickson) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers lose, 8-4]

pretendastronaut
Embarassing. They dont deserve to make the playoffs.
Overreact much? They don't deserve to make the playoffs because they are going to be swept at home by a team with arguably the best 3-4-5 in the order in the NL? Get real dude.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed in Gallardo's effort today. Just was rocked.

And why is it that every first time starter we face turns into Cy Young vs. us? You'd think major league hitters still would be able to still hit a pitcher they haven't seen before.

Anyone else worried that Yo might not be a Big Game pitcher? Any evidence to the contrary that isn't coming immediately to mind?

Come on people, this is one series. I think Yo's pitched pretty well in his career so far. This is just one of those days.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Anyone else worried that Yo might not be a Big Game pitcher? Any evidence to the contrary that isn't coming immediately to mind?
When Pujols is right, and he appears to be on it right now, he can make anyone look like they are not a big game pitcher.

A little bit. He's had two terrible outings against the Cards with a chance to effectively kill their spirit.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It is not 'panic button' time yet, but anything other than a sweep in this series would have been acceptable. I know momentum is not measurable, but letting the Cardinals back into this race, even giving them a glimmer of hope, well it just sucks.

Hopefully the Crew can go to Houston and take 2 of 3 and get back on track. I'd hate to be going into St. Louis with the Cards having a chance to getting within 3-4 games.

Sure is hard to look at these three games and conclude anything other than the Brewers caved under pressure. STL needed these games more and sure has played like it.

It's hard to look at these three games and conclude anything other than the phrase "small sample size" was made for it!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Crumbling under pressure? What pressure? The division race is over. This series doesn't change that.
I REALLY hope they don't blow this lead.

As I said before, I don't think it's even close to happening, but this is not over. 7 1/2 games CAN be made up with 23 to go.

And we're only 3 ahead of AZ. That still has a lot of meaning for playoff seeding.

Community Moderator
I don't know how a Brewers fan can say that.
Playoff odds are still over 98%. A loss today gets them down to 96-97%. Statistically insignificant.

Now, the point about Arizona is well taken. There is still something to play for--but the amount of pressure now is much lower than a month ago.

By the way, it's suddenly 6-3, this game is far from over :-)

Did anyone really beleive this team as as good as the record they put up beating awful teams? Other than playing the Cards, Pittsburgh is the BEST team the Brewers have played since the road trip following the break. They are 8-9 versus the Cards (with today's result pending), Dbacks and Giants and way above against everyone else.

They kicked away the first game of this series. A few bad breaks, a couple of bad plays and one flukish situation with the pitcher hitting a dinger cost them last night. They simply aren't good enough to steamroll everyone. They aren't the Phils. They probably aren't even the Braves. If they just don't panic they'll give themselves a decent shot in the postseason. That's all you can really ask.

Today isn't over yet either.

Archived