Brewer Fanatic

2011-09-01 Cardinals (Dickson) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers lose, 8-4]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do we care if we didn't get Furcal? He's only been any good against us, he's been miserable for the Cardinals otherwise. I'll take Furcal being good against us for 6 games, over having him be miserable for us for 50+ games.
Because he was an obvious upgrade over Yuni. For me, it has less to do with how he has performed against us and more to do with how much better he is historically than Yuni. It's just even more painfully obvious when he crushes another HR in the series and Yuni cost us the 1st game in the series with his pitiful bunt.

That was Yuni with those two errors that led to runs? Wow, he's looking more like Hairston and Fielder every day!

Ok Schroeder's an idiot. You don't want to sit Yuni because he got 2 hits yesterday? How bout cuz he hasn't had a whole day off in 2 1/2 months and he's just awful.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Why do we care if we didn't get Furcal? He's only been any good against us, he's been miserable for the Cardinals otherwise. I'll take Furcal being good against us for 6 games, over having him be miserable for us for 50+ games.
Because he was an obvious upgrade over Yuni. For me, it has less to do with how he has performed against us and more to do with how much better he is historically than Yuni. It's just even more painfully obvious when he crushes another HR in the series and Yuni cost us the 1st game in the series with his pitiful bunt.

That was Yuni with those two errors that led to runs? Wow, he's looking more like Hairston and Fielder every day!

That bunt attempt in the 9th epitomizes Yuni B. Yes those errors were atrocious and obviously gave them two runs but having runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out should have been easy for even an average MLB player....and here we go with ANOTHER Yuni special. Ridiculous.

Did you just see that throw from your SS. Do you want to answer the question you posed in bold now?

He's got like a .670 OPS since joining the Cards, which is better than Betancourt's. Plus, he's a vastly superior defender and baserunner. And we'd have more wins against the team we're battling in the division. We're more miserable because he isn't a Brewer.

Yuni's August: .239 / .256 / .389 / .646

Furcal's August: .240 / .292 / .375 / .667

August was Yuni's second worst offensive output of the season, and it was Furcal's best. Maybe you can extrapolate that Furcal is turning his season around I guess, but to this point, Furcal's best output matches some of Yuni's worst.

I'd consider the two of them to be a wash personally and not a game changer either way. What you gain in defense and base running with Furcal, you lose in offense.

(Of course, as I write this, Yuni chalks up an error.)

Did you just see that throw from your SS. Do you want to answer the question you posed in bold now?

Now he's "my shortstop"? Haha. I don't love Yuni by any means, I just don't consider Furcal to be a giant missed opportunity. I wish we had found someone to replace Yuni as much as the next guy, I just don't care that it wasn't Furcal.

Nobody is suggesting that Yuni is the second coming of Robin Yount at SS, but the constant, tedious harping about his shortcomings and games he's supposedly to blame for losing is just a bore. What next? The Kennedy assassination? The death of disco? Give it a rest.

Embarassing. They dont deserve to make the playoffs.

Ok that's just ridiculous. Just it's been a horrible series but they just went what, 27-5?

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived