Brewer Fanatic

The Brewers Love Gold....Jerseys

I never understand the "wear gold shirts to the game", if they want people to wear gold, then hand out shirts as they enter Miller Park.
Yeah. Plus the teams look stupid when half the fans aren't wearing gold.

I don't understand doing this for a virtually meaningless regular season game. Do this for a playoff game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never understand the "wear gold shirts to the game", if they want people to wear gold, then hand out shirts as they enter Miller Park.
Yeah. Plus the teams look stupid when half the fans aren't wearing gold.

I don't understand doing this for a virtually meaningless regular season game. Do this for a playoff game.

If they gave shirts out, they wouldn't sell 10,000 "I GOTTA GO" t-shirts, and I'd imagine this will happen for a playoff game as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

You don't have to give away "I GOTTA GO" shirts. Just give out generic gold shirts with the Brewers logo on them and then sell the "I GOTTA GO" and other shirts in stores.

I understand they could do this, but they'll make way more money doing it the way they are doing it.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

They give out 40,000 plus bobbleheads 6 times a year. Those things have to cost more than t-shirts. You'd think they could splurge one night for some cheapo t-shirt with a sponsors logo on the back.

Another weird thing about the Brewers "gold" is that they never seemed to settle on a shade. The gold on their jerseys is actual gold looking. But all the memorabilia they sell is more of a bright yellowish type gold. And of course the Cerveceros Jerseys which are mustard yellow.

They give out 40,000 plus bobbleheads 6 times a year. Those things have to cost more than t-shirts. You'd think they could splurge one night for some cheapo t-shirt with a sponsors logo on the back.

Another weird thing about the Brewers "gold" is that they never seemed to settle on a shade. The gold on their jerseys is actual gold looking. But all the memorabilia they sell is more of a bright yellowish type gold. And of course the Cerveceros Jerseys which are mustard yellow.

Well, can you imagine what it would look like if they came out in truly gold colored jerseys?

http://www.scavengeinc.com/images/Product/medium/charades/gold-glitter-disco-shirt.jpg

I know there's a difference in opinions, but I liked the "gold" Cerveceros jersey, and am excited to see what they come out in this weekend.
I am not Shea Vucinich

We went and got some shirtsies. We don't have anything Weeks or Axford, and we liked the gold uni's. It helped that September's STH deal is 15% off anything (non-game used) at the store. So we picked up shirtsies of players we liked and didn't have in a color we liked and didn't have for $25.50 each. We'll wear them at the game and hope for a prize, but aren't expecting anything.

This is a way for the Brewers to get extra sales. A saleperson had to explain to one guy who Axford was. And had to reiterate that he was not a starting pitcher.

P.S. We ate at Friday's for dinner (since we were right there at 6:30 last night). The Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is great. I recommend it as a dessert to anyone that goes there.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived