Brewer Fanatic

The Brewers Love Gold....Jerseys

I think the "gold" jerseys are horrible......closer to a mustard yellow. Regarding the old logo: sales of apparel are probably 80% old logo 20% new, and thats just because of the player Tshirts with the new logo. Time to retire the current M with wheat. It just isnt popular.
I think your viewpoint on sales is a pure guess that reflects your preference. I beg to differ on the popularity of the current logo. . . . I've been a hardcore fan since summer of 1980 and now live 350 miles away from Miller Park. A couple weeks ago I made it to my first game in MIL since '08. There was plenty of ball-glove era logo attire, but I sure saw a whole lot more fans wearing the current colors. There were plenty of player t-shirts, but that was hardly a majority of what I saw.

I love the ball-glove logo and still believe it's the most ingenious logos ever. But I think the current logo (it's a barley sprig, not wheat, by the way) is both timeless and much more "now," as well as being downright classy. I like the old logo being in the mix, but I still think it works better as a secondary or alternate logo. I'd also prefer that if it remains "in the mix" in the years ahead that it transform into the current color scheme -- which is what I was hoping would've been part of the big "new uniform" unveiling 4-5 years ago when what came out instead was the disappointing "Retro Sunday" theme & uniform design.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked the gold Cerveceros jerseys from earlier this year.

by the way, the ball and glove logo is still the GOAT. Wish they'd bring it back. I understand being tired of retro stuff but that logo is timeless.

I personally like the gold jerseys, but as someone else mentioned I'd prefer them to be less mustard colored and more actual gold....like the gold Marquette uses. For next season I'd ditch one of the two blue alternative jerseys (preferably the one that says "Milwaukee" since I own a replica of the other one http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif and go with one gold alternative and one blue alternative. They can do home/away if they want or just go with four jerseys.

It didn't help that the one time they wore them this year it was on WMLW, the king of low-def **** quality broadcasts. Not sure how many people were there in person, but they had to look better than on TV. Overall I just liked having something different. The old home retros and the standard dark blue/grey/white is just wearing on me.

Didn't really care for the gold Cerveceros jersey when I originally saw it but it's grown on me. It's just exciting to see the Brewers wearing something other than their typical white or blue home jerseys.

As far as the retro vs new uniforms go... I prefer the new unis mostly because of the color scheme. Something about the pinstripes and shade of blue in the retro unis make them look RETRO, not something that could be worn on a regular basis. I think the organization would have changed back to the retro unis by now if they were truly contemplating it. I do love the "mb" logo and wish it would be used with the new navy and gold colors. An alternate "mb" navy and gold hat would look great with the current jerseys in my opinion. Several teams wear multiple alternate hats. The Brewers wear one (two if you count the retro hat which is only worn once every few weeks).

It didn't help that the one time they wore them this year it was on WMLW, the king of low-def **** quality broadcasts. Not sure how many people were there in person, but they had to look better than on TV. Overall I just liked having something different. The old home retros and the standard dark blue/grey/white is just wearing on me.
Yeah, that is a good point. I was at that game in person, and thought the uniforms looked pretty good. I wouldn't be in favor of them being a regular alternate jersey, but for once or twice a season, I think they are fine.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Didn't really care for the gold Cerveceros jersey when I originally saw it but it's grown on me. It's just exciting to see the Brewers wearing something other than their typical white or blue home jerseys.

As far as the retro vs new uniforms go... I prefer the new unis mostly because of the color scheme. Something about the pinstripes and shade of blue in the retro unis make them look RETRO, not something that could be worn on a regular basis. I think the organization would have changed back to the retro unis by now if they were truly contemplating it. I do love the "mb" logo and wish it would be used with the new navy and gold colors. An alternate "mb" navy and gold hat would look great with the current jerseys in my opinion. Several teams wear multiple alternate hats. The Brewers wear one (two if you count the retro hat which is only worn once every few weeks).

If the gold jerseys become a real, official, lasting thing, I think the MB logo in the navy/gold color scheme would make a nice alternate cap to go with it. . . . or as a right-sleeve patch while keeping the official caps as-is.

1. Every time the Brewers wear that jersey they spent hours talking about the 82 team.

And? Just because that's what the announcers talk about, that doesn't automatically mean that's why fans like them.

2. The jersey and uniform itself is overrated imo.

Your opinion. Can't argue that. Agree to disagree.

3. Since people still love that uniform, why go back to it? People are still going to buy the retro jerseys and people will also buy the jerseys they have now. You're just cutting down your sales by just going back to the retro stuff.
I didn't say anything about going back to this uniform in this thread. I said they should look at what the fans wear and capitalize on this, i.e. more sales, more revenue, by bringing back the retro road uniform instead of another variation of the current set. Your statement about cutting sales is not supported by what I said about enhancing sales by capitalizing on what the fans obviously prefer.

What i don't get is why anyone would care in the slightest what type of Brewers jersey that some fans prefer buying over other ones?

I don't think those early to mid-80's Brewers uniforms and hat logo were as cool looking as many others do, but big deal. People like what they like and enough love those 80's jerseys to fork down cash to buy them. I see no reason to believe that this in turn cuts into over jersey/merchandise sales at all. Whenever i go to games, i see 80's merchandise all over the place, which is only a positive financially for the team.

I don't have anything against the Gold look, but I'm a little disappointed with this "everyone where gold to Saturday's game" idea. I have tickets to Saturday's game and now I'm feeling guilted into having to go out an buy one of the new gold shirts. I have been a partial season ticket holder for about 20 years. I go to Spring Training almost every year. I have Brewer licence plates. I just got done committing a pretty big chunk of cash towards playoff tickets. Now, if I'm not willing to go out and buy a gold jersey or t-shirt for me, my wife, and my son, am I somehow supposed to feel like I'm not "playing along" and am somehow less of a fan?

Does anyone know if they have gold colored Brewer tees at Kohl's? I find that Brewer clothing is usually cheaper there than at the fan shop and fits much better. Seems like every Brewer t-shirt I have ever purchased at Miller Park or in Maryvale that is a L or XL is long and skinny. I hate tight t-shirts. I like my clothing loose and comfortable.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't have anything against the Gold look, but I'm a little disappointed with this "everyone where gold to Saturday's game" idea. I have tickets to Saturday's game and now I'm feeling guilted into having to go out an buy one of the new gold shirts.
I don't live close enough to Milwaukee to attend the game, but I immediately thought about the people who don't own gold t-shirts and don't want to buy them. It's a good marketing strategy, that's for sure. If I were in your shoes, I would run over to Target and buy some plain gold t-shirts for $5. I too would feel left out if I was the one blue spot in a crowd of gold, but if you're not going to be wearing the shirt on a regular basis I don't think it's worth it to run and buy the whole family $30 brewer shirts.

Gold is not a good color on me, so I'm kind of glad we're going to Sunday's game. But as others have said, some type of gold t-shirt should not be too hard to find.

I'm OK with the concept of everyone (or most everyone) wearing the same color to a game, but navy would be a lot easier to do, and would contrast with Phillies red just as much.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't think anyone has to worry about being "the only one" not wearing gold. There will be thousands who aren't wearing it. If you don't have anything and don't want to spend $ on it, you won't feel out of place at all.

It's different when they hand out shirts to everyone at the game (like the "white outs" at basketball games), then you might stand, out but this is different.

Anyone know why they're only selling these at the team store and not online? I'd love to get a gold jersey, but I live 90 minutes away and I'm not making a special trip to Milwaukee for one. I'm not even going to the game on Saturday, I just want a gold jersey.

Archived