Brewer Fanatic

The Brewers Love Gold....Jerseys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not a fan of the mustard colored jersey. It needs to be a brighter gold or something. Just doesn't mesh well at all. These knockoffs of the cerveceros ones that I've seen look better.

http://www.nflbuy.org/images/cheap-jerseys-4/Brewers%208%20Braun%20Yellow%20Cerveceros%202011%20New%20Jerseys.jpg
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

i'm holing out for nl central division champs gear (knocking on wood....)

They will be on clearance after the WS championship shirts come out... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Personally, I think this is a marketing ploy by Miller. It makes people think about beer more...

While I don't mind the new gold jersey, I think the Brewers FO should focus more on what the fans in the stands are telling them by their choice of Brewer apparel. In my opinion, the Brewers would be smarter to continue to capitalize on the ball and glove logo, and have an alternate retro gray away jersey similar to below than another version of the current set:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/42967_01_lg.jpg

I personally LOVE the gold jerseys. Its better than just the same ole same ole white gray and Blue jerseys. It makes them standout which I have always been a fan of. If they made it a legit alternate I would be very tempted to get one

No more retro uniforms. Stop living in 1982.
It has nothing to do with 1982. It's a good looking jersey.
Exactly. I bet a lot of the young people who wear the old logo stuff couldn't name 3 players on that team not named Yount & Molitor. They're not living in 1982, it's just a cool looking logo.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

rawbecht wrote:

Exactly. I bet a lot of the young people who wear the old logo stuff couldn't name 3 players on that team not named Yount & Molitor. They're not living in 1982, it's just a cool looking logo.

1. Every time the Brewers wear that jersey they spent hours talking about the 82 team.

2. The jersey and uniform itself is overrated imo.

3. Since people still love that uniform, why go back to it? People are still going to buy the retro jerseys and people will also buy the jerseys they have now. You're just cutting down your sales by just going back to the retro stuff.

While I don't mind the new gold jersey, I think the Brewers FO should focus more on what the fans in the stands are telling them by their choice of Brewer apparel. In my opinion, the Brewers would be smarter to continue to capitalize on the ball and glove logo, and have an alternate retro gray away jersey similar to below than another version of the current set:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/42967_01_lg.jpg

Those late 80's road grays are my favorite Brewers uniform. I wish they sold those in the store, they are pretty rare. Only way to get one right now is either a Sheffield jersey, or a M&N Robin Yount which are hundreds of dollars unless you wear a XXXXL size jersey. As for the new jerseys I like them! They go good with the white pants and blue hats. I wasn't a fan of that color during the 2002 Allstar game but it has warmed up to me.

A buddy of mine here in AZ works with in a design firm for companies. He's gone to several seminars about designing logos, etc. He tells me that every time he goes, no matter where it is, the ball in glove logo comes up in discussion because of the absolutely perfect design. They treat it as if the #1 logo EVER created--sports, business, whatever.

I always thought he was kidding until he showed me some trade papers about it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

1. Every time the Brewers wear that jersey they spent hours talking about the 82 team.
And? Just because that's what the announcers talk about, that doesn't automatically mean that's why fans like them.

2. The jersey and uniform itself is overrated imo.
Your opinion. Can't argue that. Agree to disagree.

3. Since people still love that uniform, why go back to it? People are still going to buy the retro jerseys and people will also buy the jerseys they have now. You're just cutting down your sales by just going back to the retro stuff.
I didn't say anything about going back to this uniform in this thread. I said they should look at what the fans wear and capitalize on this, i.e. more sales, more revenue, by bringing back the retro road uniform instead of another variation of the current set. Your statement about cutting sales is not supported by what I said about enhancing sales by capitalizing on what the fans obviously prefer.

It's sort of off the main topic, but I wish they would go to this jersey for retro jerseys (best pic I could find)...

http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/robin-yount.jpg

I like scripted "Brewers" vs. the block lettering. They are nearly impossible to find right now. I think they used these jerseys from 1990-1993, and they went along with the gray jerseys posted earlier.

Back on topic, I actually like the gold jerseys (like the Cerveceros jerseys), but really don't like the Packer's "gold."

I think the "gold" jerseys are horrible......closer to a mustard yellow. Regarding the old logo: sales of apparel are probably 80% old logo 20% new, and thats just because of the player Tshirts with the new logo. Time to retire the current M with wheat. It just isnt popular.

Count me in the crowd that doesn't get the fascination with the "MB" logo. Don't get me wrong, it's a good logo, but it feels and looks dated. Whenever I see it all I think about is people gushing over the 82 team like there isn't even a team in Milwaukee anymore. I'm not a fan of the current logo either but it at least is the logo that will be associated with this group of guys. Yount and Moliter can have the ball and glove and Prince and Braun will take the wheaty M.

Also, it's about time the Crew got a third color jersey. I love the gold and can't wait to see it on the field.

my guess is there is an even split (with some outliers, of course) of people that like the old ball-in-glove and those that wish it went away. I'd also venture a guess (pure guess here) that the dividing line is pretty much a "were you a baseball fan in 1982 or not" kind of thing. Those that were alive and well and cognizant of the goings on of that team love the ball-in-glove. Those that are too young to know much about it or care about it probably don't.

Again, there are obviously outliers to this pure guess. I know it works for me and the barrelman logo. It's cool, true, in a retro way, but I hold no personal connection to it so, therefore, I could do without it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived