Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-31 Cardinals (Westbrook) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers lose, 8-3]

I wouldn't be surprised if around 10 people reading this were legitimately angry that Yuni hit a triple and scored a run.

I'm not angry, but if we end up only scoring 3 runs tonight I would of rather had that not happen. As I've said before, I can't imagine a team with Betancourt starting at SS can win a World Series. And the only way I see RR actually giving Hairston a shot at the SS job is if Yuni goes 0-50.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who? Why? Fielder's job is to back up the cut-off man, which he did. Are you trying to say he should have been lazily and stay at first?

http://www.qcbaseball.com/images/situations/first_double_rightcenter.gif

condescend much? I am aware of how baseball works but thanks for the diagram.

There were 2 Cardinals standing at 2nd when the ball went to the plate. Prince needs to get over there instead of standing around watching.

Either he's 'standing around watching', or he's focused on the throw and being in position. This isn't a video game. He can't see everything that's going on, and thinking about covering first is the LAST thing on his mind. If he was standing around watching I think he would have a better shot of getting him out. It was a freak play and the Brewers were lucky to not have a run come home there. The real goat is Wolf who hit two batters and gave up a home run to the pitcher.

I'm in the 4th row right next to Fielder. He sat at first, then realized that he's the cutoff man to home. He ran and missed the cutoff and just stood around the middle of the diamond for a while. Molina started running back to first, and then Prince went to first. I blame Prince for not being in a better cut off position.

And for no one to yell at the cut off man to go to second.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Estrada in Relief = White Flag

Thanks for playing.

White flag? He's our middle reliever. I'm not sure who else pitches in this situation.
Are you RR, quite touchy tonight? Never stated to throw in anyone else did I? Anytime Estrada is in during relief the game seems pretty much over. He has pitched great starting.

Lets drop the Yuni talk right now, don't even go there.

Not that I've ever made a comment about Yuni getting injured, but I find it silly that all of a sudden nobody can say anything negative about him now without such warnings as shown above.

Not that I've ever made a comment about Yuni getting injured, but I find it silly that all of a sudden nobody can say anything negative about him now without such warnings as shown above.

Well he's also 2-2 with a triple since then, so that might be another reason there hasn't been as much negativity.

Well he's also 2-2 with a triple since then, so that might be another reason there hasn't been as much negativity.

The problem I have is that him being 2-4 will somehow justify him being in the lineup for RR. This is a good team; however, it doesn't mean that there doesn't need to be continuous improvement. I don't think too many people hope for him to fail, atleast I hope not.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Team seems to have tightened up a bit, maybe not. Wolf sure sucked tonight. Tomorrow's certainly not a 'must win' game, but I don't know that I'd like the big momentum boost the Cards would get from coming into Miller and getting a sweep. They still need something approaching a miracle, but it's not impossible.

Archived