Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-31 Cardinals (Westbrook) at Brewers (Wolf) - [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Just watched the Braun triple, and while I completely understand the disappointment in him making an out, I don't have a problem with his baserunning on the play. He started fine out of the box and then slowed up when it looked like it would be your standard hit off the wall with the CF fielding it and getting it to the infield. There was no reason for him to think it would be anything but a double (by the way he ran out of the box, I assume he didn't think it was gone).

And while I want the guys to run hard, it doesn't really make sense to sprint at top speed when you see no reason to believe you will have any chance to get past second base.

The falling down part, well, that's life.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schroeder is terrible. Holliday crushes the ball, like the seventh crushed ball by the Cardinals today, and the first thing he says is "Holliday wasn't running. He thought he hit it out." Who on Earth cares? He would have had a double anyway if he was running. It literally makes no difference. Talk about Wolf getting shelled and stop being such a homer.

a3uge wrote:

Who? Why? Fielder's job is to back up the cut-off man, which he did. Are you trying to say he should have been lazily and stay at first?

http://www.qcbaseball.com/images/situations/first_double_rightcenter.gif

condescend much? I am aware of how baseball works but thanks for the diagram.

There were 2 Cardinals standing at 2nd when the ball went to the plate. Prince needs to get over there instead of standing around watching.

Archived