Brewer Fanatic

Brewers since the All-Star Break

jjfanec

I thought it would be interesting to see how Brewer players are doing since the Break. I am just going to use OPS and where they rank amongst people with 50 at-bats in the NL at their position

C - Lucroy - Ranked 15th. He has struggled since the break with an OPS of just .686. His power and walks have both regressed

1B - Prince - Ranked 7th with an OPS of .882

2B - Weeks - Ranked 10th with .721 (but a very small sample size), Lopez was second to last

SS - Yuni - Ranked 6th with .734. That one really hot stretch helped a lot

3B Casey - Ranked 8th at .783.

Super Sub - Hairston - has an OPS of .760 which would be 4th at SS

LF - Braun - Ranked one with OPS of 1.079 (4th in all the NL)

CF - Morgan - Ranked 13th with .681.

RF - Hart - Ranked 4th with an OPS of .916

SP - ERA is the best I could guess and went with a 40 IP minimum

Greinke - 6th - 2.35

Gallardo - 9th - 2.59

Wolf - 12th - 2.77

Marcum - 22 - 3.38

If I go to a 20 IP minimum

Estrada - 23 - ERA 2.84

Narveson - 29 - ERA 3.06

Axford is actually 2nd for guys with over 20 IP with an ERA of 1.27

It really goes to show how our pitching staff has carried us. Only 3 hitters with an OPS above .783 and with that Fielder has only been okay by his standards. I rotation does not have one pitcher with an ERA above 3.38 which is crazy

Interesting stuff. Thanks.

We haven't been giving Corey Hart the love he deserves this year. Rickie is probably my favorite player on the team, but Hart is rather quietly having a better season with the bat. 23 homers in 402 at bats. .356 oba. .872 OPS. The highest walk rate of his career. He's doing everything he did last year.

Now if only he'd stop trying to steal bases.....

Interesting stuff. Thanks.

We haven't been giving Corey Hart the love he deserves this year. Rickie is probably my favorite player on the team, but Hart is rather quietly having a better season with the bat. 23 homers in 402 at bats. .356 oba. .872 OPS. The highest walk rate of his career. He's doing everything he did last year.

Now if only he'd stop trying to steal bases.....

I agree about Hart. He was probably the guy that stood out to me the most. That and Prince's number being fairly average for a 1B in the NL and Morgan and Lucroy struggling that much. Against the Cards we saw what happens when out pitching struggles. The offense needs to straighten this out.

Once Weeks gets back, bat him & Hart 1/2, let Hairston get a lot of starts at SS, and pepper in some starts for Green at 3B, and we'll have a pretty good offense going forward. Weeks will be a big boost to our team, and he can't get back quick enough.

We should probably give Lucroy some rest as well. He starts 80% of the games and comes off the bench in the other 20% as soon as Wolf leaves the game. That's awful tough work for a catcher.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Once Weeks gets back, bat him & Hart 1/2, let Hairston get a lot of starts at SS, and pepper in some starts for Green at 3B, and we'll have a pretty good offense going forward. Weeks will be a big boost to our team, and he can't get back quick enough.
None of that will happen. Need a guy who can bunt at #2, Betancourt has been hitting the ball hard and plays good defense and the players will get mad if Green gets a start.

Archived