Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-30 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) - 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

One person is pathetic ........only one person wanted hm to get hurt.

I agree that is way over the line.

Wishing serious injury on a player = bad. Wishing broken finger on Yuni to get him out of the lineup = not too bad. If it wasn't for our managers injured brain he wouldn't have been in that situation to get hurt.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the book says to bunt in that situation (playing for the tie at home), but with your two slowest runners on base the bunt is not favorable. We'd have had better luck trying a slash play with whoever hit in that situation. Disappointing, but get them tomorrow.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Are you serious??? No one wanted him to die, just be out for the season. '

Holy crap, are you for real?

Seriously, one of the most disappointing things I think I've ever read in over ten years here.

You seriously should be completely ashamed of yourself.

With how atrocious Yuni has been during this run and overall this season, it made more sense than swinging away.

Not when the Cardinals were basically standing on top of Betancourt by the time the pitch reached home plate.

Cheering for any injury is classless; cheering for an injury to one of our own players is flat out disgusting.
Are you serious??? No one wanted him to die, just be out for the season. Clearly this would make the team better, cheering for your favorite team to get better is fine. He is getting paid $6 MM this year, he will still earn it with a cast on his hand.

This isn't little league

Exactly. Obviously we don't want a life-threatening injury or anything. But a broken hand? I can't believe people are getting that upset. It honestly would make the Brewers better.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

This loss puts a little pressure on us now. We don't want to get swept. We don't want the Cards to become confident. We know how hot the Rockies got in 2007. One win in this series makes it tough for them. Of course, two makes it really tough. If we could have beaten them tonight you may have seen Berkman traded. Now they will be in it for the long haul.

Seriously, one of the most disappointing things I think I've ever read in over ten years here.

So you prefer Yuni to be the starting SS for the rest of the season including the playoffs? Please answer this question, yes or no.

Stop acting like a soccer mom and start acting like a sports fan, and please stop acting like this is some horrible, horrible thing like me saying Hitler had some good ideas.

I don't think people are freaking out about losing a game to the cards, I think people are freaking out because this is the kind of game that we're going to have to win in the playoffs and they see the brewers booting away runs with awful defense, not being able to play fundamental situational baseball and our manager making horribly obvious bad decisions in crucial situations. Yuni is awful and has zero sac bunts all year, Counsell is useless aside from his bunting ability and yet the decision isn't made. Taylor Green may have to go all jeff gilooly on McGehee and the rest of the bench to get an AB. it's ridiculous. if this happened to be a deciding game in a playoff series, people would rightfully be calling for Roenicke's head. we're too good a team to be held back by blatant managerial mistakes and the inability to execute by a player that shouldn't be on any major league roster, let alone a pennant contender.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Well that was a pathetically managed 9th inning. Where is Taylor Green? Did we call him up just to cheer-lead on the bench? And if RR was so intent on bunting, I would have sent Counsell up there to try and bunt one up the 3rd base line, not flipping Betancourt.

Cheering for any injury is classless; cheering for an injury to one of our own players is flat out disgusting.
Are you serious??? No one wanted him to die, just be out for the season. Clearly this would make the team better, cheering for your favorite team to get better is fine. He is getting paid $6 MM this year, he will still earn it with a cast on his hand.

This isn't little league

So let me get this straight. You wanted a Brewer (and one who, from all reports, is a really nice guy) to lose the ability to do what he loves during a potential championship run? Nice. That's nice.

In my opinion, the Brewers should have pinch run Green for Fielder, pinch hit Counsell for Yuni and give him the option of slashing if the defense crashes hard, because Counsell is 100% better at bat control than Betancourt. Let Hairston bat because he does the little things right (e.g. man on 3rd, 1 out, he does what it takes to get him in). Then if need be after Lucroy, Kotsay would need to pinch hit.

You need use up your players for the tie (PR for Fielder and let McGehee run, then play 1st with Green going to 3rd and Counsell at SS).

This isn't little league

So let me get this straight. You wanted a Brewer (and one who, from all reports, is a really nice guy) to lose the ability to do what he loves during a potential championship run? Nice. That's nice.
I do. Because the aforementioned Brewer is a terrible baseball player.

Community Moderator

There were several posts about it, if you haven't noticed the mods can quickly hide inappropriate posts.

The fact is, we aren't going to cheer for Brewers to get injured on this forum. And no, it would not make the Brewers better to have Yuni injured. He's the worst starter on the team, but that doesn't automatically mean that he is useless or detrimental to the team.

The idea of Brewerfan.net is to have a higher level of discussion than that. There are plenty of other forums out there with no moderating where you all can freely discuss the benefit of having Yuni out for the season. We bend the rules a bit for the IGT but not that far.

And by the way, the loss tonight was completely meaningless. The Brewers playoff odds dropped from 99.5% to 99.3%.

This isn't little league

By this logic, everyone who hopes for Casey McGehee to get benched should also be ashamed of him/herself. Seems pretty preachy to me. I simply read his comments as hoping for a way to get Yuni B out of the lineup/off the field.

So you prefer Yuni to be the starting SS for the rest of the season including the playoffs? Please answer this question, yes or no.

Yes, I'd prefer any player to start if the alternative is an injury.

Stop acting like a soccer mom and start acting like a sports fan, and please stop acting like this is some horrible, horrible thing like me saying Hitler had some good ideas.

How about you start acting like a human being?

Step away from the computer and think about how awful you sound as a person right now.

This isn't little league

So let me get this straight. You wanted a Brewer and who, from all reports, is a really nice guy, to lose the ability to do what he loves during a potential championship run? Nice. That's nice.
Um yes obviously, who cares what he loves to do. Again, THIS ISN'T LITTLE LEAGUE. Your argument is that I am being a meanie if I want the Brewers to have the best roster possible?

"Take a look at them. They're all nice guys, but they'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last." - Leo Durocher

"Sports fans" don't wish broken bones on their own players.....at least no sports fans that I know.

Get some perspective........if you want to berate RR for playing him fine.......but to hope he gets hurt?

Pathetic.

ps. If this were my board you would be banned for that comment.

tonight's loss is meaningless in a statistical sense, but it's not meaningless at all if it's a sign of how Roenicke plans to manage in close and late games from now on.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

By this logic, everyone who hopes for Casey McGehee to get benched should also be ashamed of him/herself.

If you can't see the difference between hoping for someone to get benched and hoping that someone gets injured, I don't know what to tell you.

As obsessedwithbrewcrew noted, classless garbage like that will not be tolerated here.

Archived