Brewer Fanatic

Iceman Bobblehead

Bikeage77

Last year, Kent "The Iceman" Meyer won beer vendor of the year at Miller Park. This year when they gave out the 2011 Beer Vendor bobblehead, the Brewers apparently made up about 200 bobbles featuring Kent. They gave all them to the Iceman and told him to give them out how he wanted. All the beer vendors got one, he gave many out to family members, and the rest to loyal buyers.

Has anyone else seen this or heard about it? I found out last night through a friend who's friend got one at Miller Park. I'm going to try to get a picture, but from the numbers, and who all recieved them, this could be the hardest one to find. Just throught ya'll should know yer collection isn't complete anymore. Heh.

I have not only seen and heard about it, but I also have one in my collection. I am really fortunate to have been able to add it before word leaked out. Very quality made and cool looking bobblehead.

I had heard rumors about it the night before and the night of the game (certain Brewers employees gossiping amongst themselves and such), but did not believe it existed until I actually saw one in person about 2 weeks after the game. I have heard the same thing regarding the number, only 200 made.

A much better looking bobblehead than those dreadful Miller Lite Beer Bottle bobbleheads they gave away.

As a quick FYI, only about 100 Mark Attanasio bobbleheads were made, so the Iceman bobblehead should be about half as difficult to find.

I hate the Brewers and the Iceman for doing this. Another expensive bobble...

How is it Kent's fault? The guy does an awesome job and the Brewers reward him for it. When i worked there, if my boss told me that i won Usher of the Year, and i got my own bobblehead, the last thing i would be thinking is "i should tell them not to cuz some guys might want to collect them". I would be extremely honored and do the exact same thing Kent did. Give some to my family, and my regulars at MP. I think it's cool of the Brewers to do this. It's not like this is a rare SGA(which i never agreed with, i always thought that was unfair to collectors), it's something that is meant to stay in house, to honor a heck of an employee.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

If this depresses you, time to rethink things. It's a bobblehead, guys. You don't need to have it. And this is coming from someone who has every SGA. I understand collecting but there's got to be a line somewhere. There's no reason for anyone to spend a lot of money on getting a bobble of this random dude. If you want to, fine, but no reason for it to upset anybody.

I hate the Brewers and the Iceman for doing this. Another expensive bobble...

How is it Kent's fault? The guy does an awesome job and the Brewers reward him for it. When i worked there, if my boss told me that i won Usher of the Year, and i got my own bobblehead, the last thing i would be thinking is "i should tell them not to cuz some guys might want to collect them". I would be extremely honored and do the exact same thing Kent did. Give some to my family, and my regulars at MP. I think it's cool of the Brewers to do this. It's not like this is a rare SGA(which i never agreed with, i always thought that was unfair to collectors), it's something that is meant to stay in house, to honor a heck of an employee.

It is a very cool honor. I shouldn't have said "I hate he iceman for doing this." It is annoying that his family and regulars will be selling these for a lot of money.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

the shiver!! i heard kent ranting about this at maryvale last march. now i know what he was talking about.

ah, wish i could have this one no doubt. good for you guys who were able to get it!

i'd have plenty of trade bait, but i'm sure it wont matter.

Another one to add to the list of wants! I hope to add this one in time. Hopefully the Brewers don't pull a fast one and have 15,200 orders placed...200 for Kent this year, and the remaining 15,000 for next years Miller Lite giveaway! It's just a thought, but I remember another team doing something similar (and a few got leaked before the following year when they were suppose to be given out to fans...remember the Gantners from the Woodchucks a few years back?)

In 2007 they gave out a pinstripe Gantner in a fielding position. It looked like the mini version given out as one of the 13 by the Brewers in 2007 but was larger and featured Gantner in some sweet spectacles. Apparently the Woodchucks ordered the powder blue version as well to save for the 2008 season, and a few got leaked on eBay and went for big bucks since no one saw them being given out. Then in 2008 they gave out the powder blue version to fans as a SGA. I didn't buy one of the powder blues the year before, but if I did I'd be pretty pissed!

ok, I have both Gantner bobbles you speak of, just didn't know the background. Got both of them a few months ago, pinstripes on ebay for $20, and the powder blue I got in a trade for the Brewer Powder Blue Gantner sga...

I think the only woodchucks player bobble I am missing is the Gorman Thomas... That seems like a tough one to locate.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

In 2007 they gave out a pinstripe Gantner in a fielding position. It looked like the mini version given out as one of the 13 by the Brewers in 2007 but was larger and featured Gantner in some sweet spectacles. Apparently the Woodchucks ordered the powder blue version as well to save for the 2008 season, and a few got leaked on eBay and went for big bucks since no one saw them being given out. Then in 2008 they gave out the powder blue version to fans as a SGA. I didn't buy one of the powder blues the year before, but if I did I'd be pretty pissed!

I thought the few blues that were out early were from people that painted their pinstriped Gantner bobbles.

I thought the same thing about the Woodchucks blue uniform Gantner bobbles too until I called the Woodchucks and interrogated the person who had the misfortune of answering the telephone. He (somewhat sheepishly) admitted that they ordered the pinstripe and blue uniform versions together, but were saving the blue uniform ones for a giveaway next year. He stated that "I am not sure how those got out but I am looking into it as soon as I am done talking with you." Ahhh ... the lure of the almighty eBay dollar.

I don't think the Brewers will "dupe" us on the Iceman bobblehead, though. First off, they are much too detailed and well made to be mass produced in the quantities they would need for an all fan or even partial fan giveaway. Second, if they did that, they would be be giving away the 2010 beer vendor of the year during the 2012 season. They had a different winner for 2011, but I cannot remember his name. Just seems like too much time would have passed to do this.

In a friendly manner, I have to disagree about the quality issue. The bobble could easily be mass produced and I'll tell you why. Flip over the bobble and I will GUARANTEE it says AGP (Alexander Global Promotions) on the bottom. Every QUALITY bobble I have from the Brewers the past few years (the two Miller Lite bobbles, VERY detailed, the Bernie Stitch n Pitch, the Chorizo Stitch n Pitch) are all from AGP. Even the Admirals Uecker, which is another high quality job, is from AGP! Anytime this company creates a bobble it is spectacular! Not like the other crap given out by the Brewers and every other team in MLB...their SGAs are from BD&A. I believe they have a contract with MLB for creating SGA bobbles, but I couldn't figure out how the Brewers got around this for a few of theirs named above...I have to think that they are contracted for MLB players, so the Brew crew can use AGP (the better quality bobbles) for non-player bobbles. Other teams do this as well, at least for the Stitch n Pitch bobbles. If the Brewers ever change their Bernie birthday bobbles (and I wish they would, since my son, who just turned three, got his third sliding Bernie) I hope they go with AGP.

Above all I wanted to create attention to the different manufacturers of the Brewers bobbles with this post, and point out that AGP is superior to the flawed molding, paint chips, cracks, and unsteady painting that BD&A produces. I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the difference, but it was never pointed out on the board (to my knowledge.)

mtrebs, go to customer service and tell them you have a son or daughter with a birthday coming up later this month (since it's near the end of the season, you better hurry)...then put down a date you plan on going...it's like 30-40 bucks and you get yer name a name on the scoreboard and a bernie bobble of him sliding into home (apparently from the slide).

i've never got one through the brewers, just got mine through ebay at a good price.

Price is $35, you get your name on the scoreboard PLUS the sliding Bernie bobble, a nice quality Brewers backpack, and a "Happy Birthday" Brewers ball. No need to go to customer service...just call the Brewers ticket office to set up a date.

Price is $35, you get your name on the scoreboard PLUS the sliding Bernie bobble, a nice quality Brewers backpack, and a "Happy Birthday" Brewers ball. No need to go to customer service...just call the Brewers ticket office to set up a date.
Does it have to be for a child? I would prefer to just set this up for myself since I don't have any kids.

Archived