Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-28 Cubs (Coleman) at Brewers (Greinke) - [Brewers sweep, 3-2]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The win regardless of the St. Louis outcome really puts a lot of pressure on them to at least win the series on the road. They have to gain ground on us in the head to head at a minimum. I mean even if they swept all 6 games at this point they'd still have to out play us by quite a bit the other 20+ games as well.

Davey Nelson vs. English is always such a struggle for him... Glad to know that Hart is "flashing the wood", though.
And Brewers live gets its first NC-17 rating.
Don't forget about one of his most memorable Nellie's Nugget, when trying to say Claudio Vargas should throw lots of strikes

"Vargas pounds meat"

"Prince just got fisted." - Uecker on an inside pitch to Prince.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

And Brewers live gets its first NC-17 rating.
Don't forget about one of his most memorable Nellie's Nugget, when trying to say Claudio Vargas should throw lots of strikes

"Vargas pounds meat"

"Prince just got fisted." - Uecker on an inside pitch to Prince.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww......

Nothing good can come of this conversation.

You guys are awesome. I am really impressed with your team. I am a Cubs fan but I don't really dislike the Brewers that much except when we are competing together for a playoff spot. Obviously one of us isn't holding their end of the bargin there http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyways, represent the NL Central well in the playoffs. You guys are the last NL Central team to win a playoff game, and I'm certain you will be the next. Will be cheering for you in the playoffs, but it will be interesting to see if I change my mind later on in the playoffs as it becomes obvious that yet another team gets to the WS before the Cubs haha.

My daughter was the junior announcer anyone able to hear her on TBS, FSN, or 620 WTMJ?
I wish I'd known...we sat two rows behind your group. You had a Greinke jersey on? I did not take a photo of the junior announcer appearance, but I think I might have a photo of your kids. I'll send you a PM about it.

Anyway, she did a fine job, and the S.O. and I did applaud her upon her return (though I don't think any of you noticed). That row 6 of 217 is usually where the junior announcer party is seated, so we often see the announcer "up close."

Oh, boy, I had a baaaad feeling about the top of the 9th. I didn't realize how bad until the game ended and it felt like my first normal breath in a while. I know a loss today wouldn't have necessarily spelled doom, but I didn't want to see the cub fans around us celebrate any more than was necessary. Otherwise it was quite enjoyable, though I picked the wrong time to visit the restroom (missing the Greinke SB and Hart HR).

I also totally called Corey's leadoff single, thus finishing off his within-24-hours cycle. I'm sure that exists as a stat.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My daughter was the junior announcer anyone able to hear her on TBS, FSN, or 620 WTMJ?
I wish I'd known...we sat two rows behind your group. You had a Greinke jersey on? I did not take a photo of the junior announcer appearance, but I think I might have a photo of your kids. I'll send you a PM about it.

Anyway, she did a fine job, and the S.O. and I did applaud her upon her return (though I don't think any of you noticed). That row 6 of 217 is usually where the junior announcer party is seated, so we often see the announcer "up close."

Oh, boy, I had a baaaad feeling about the top of the 9th. .

Thanks for the cheers. Ya a lot of people were congratulating her when we got back. Thanks for doing that, she was really excited. And yep that was me I'm the greinke jersey. We got lots of photos of her and I even video taped her doing it.

Archived