Brewer Fanatic

Anyone notice Prince's walk-up music tonight?

PrinceEatMeat
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drezdn[/b]]Has anyone else heard about the possibility that Fielder bought a house in the Milwaukee area within the last week?

Actually I did hear something about this. My Boss, who is not a big Brewer fan, overheard some of us in the office talking about the Brewers the other day. He told us that a business acquaintance was telling him about a house in their neighborhood that sold and seeing some kids in the yard. This person then went to a Brewer game that night (or the next day or something?), saw Prince on the field before the game with his kids and realized that those were Prince's kids he saw running around the yard of the house that just sold.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yeah, I have to see if my boss has any further details, like where this was and when this was. However, you would think that if he did actually buy a new house that Hardricourt or someone that covers the Brewers would blog about this. So, yes, maybe he's just renting.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

That's true. Isn't Prince's wife from Wisconsin? Could have been visiting extended family or something like that.

Is she? I know David Ortiz was or is dating (married?) to someone from Wisconsin. I didn't realize that Prince's wife was from here as well?

Tonight during his first at-bat, it sounded like the 20th Century Fox movie intro theme was being played.

???????

Movies? He's already thinking about Los Angeles. Pretty obvious where he's signing now.

I don't think that Gamel's snub has any bearing on Prince's status in Milwaukee. However, let's say for a minute that the Brewers make the World Series... Look at the prices that they are charging for tickets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that could add 10-11 additional home games. Add to that the added revenue from the new TV contract, not to mention the 3 million in attendance pretty much guaranteed for a few more seasons, and there is really no excuse for Attanasio not to bump the payroll up to the $100 million range for the next few years.

I wonder if we could afford to give Prince around $22 million per year and then sign either Marcum or Greinke to an extension? Trade Gamel/Wolf for a shortstop to free up some payroll and have Peralta/Fiers compete for the fifth spot in the rotation during spring training. I was on the bandwagon that there would be a 100% chance that Prince would be leaving and getting the draft picks would be sufficient, but I really want the big guy to stay and hope the the organization makes a reasonable effort to sign him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if we could afford to give Prince around $22 million per year and then sign either Marcum or Greinke to an extension? Trade Gamel/Wolf for a shortstop to free up some payroll and have Peralta/Fiers compete for the fifth spot in the rotation during spring training. I was on the bandwagon that there would be a 100% chance that Prince would be leaving and getting the draft picks would be sufficient, but I really want the big guy to stay and hope the the organization makes a reasonable effort to sign him.

It'd be sweet to trade Wolf for something of value after GETTING value out of him this year. A lot of people looked at him as Suppan 2.0, and he was pretty bad in the first half last year, had a decent 2nd half, and has gotten really good results this year (Notice I didn't say has 'performed well' http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) At this point, I'm happy with the production we've gotten out of him, but if he can be flipped for something we need, I'd feel a lot better about the Crew not playing Salary Roulette with Wolf again next year.

If Prince can be kept, I'd be OK with Wolf getting moved. If Greinke and Prince can be locked in, I'd be OK with both Wolf and Hart getting moved. I will be the first to admit that Wolf has exceeded my expectations and then some, but I'd rather move him than Hart- but like I said, if Hart needs to be moved to add cheaper pieces and clear salary for Prince and Greinke, I'd be on board. I'd think that Hart has quite a bit of trade value as well since he is basically a insanely cheaper more productive version of Jayson Werth- controlled for two years. As for Wolf, I believe that his no-trade clause is pretty limited if not gone after this year, and I'd have to think that he would draw some interest. Freeing up Wolf's $9.5 million should absorb a chunk of the raises due to guys like Gallardo, Weeks, Braun, etc.. You also have the raises to the arby guys to consider- most notably Marcum- who will get a huge bump, but I would think that there would be some room to give both Prince and Greinke a salary bump and keep Hart for the short term if you were willing to go near $100 million in payroll. In this scenario, you'd have to let Hawkins and Counsell walk, but that's pretty much a foregone conclusion anyway. I think a core of Braun/Prince/Weeks with a staff of Greinke/Gallardo/Marcum/Axford would keep this team competitive for the next several years, no matter who you put around them- which wouldn't be much, since you'd probably have about $20 million or so to spread around for the rest of the roster (assuming a $100 million payroll).

I don't think that Gamel's snub has any bearing on Prince's status in Milwaukee.
The more I consider it, I think you're right. I think Melvin and company genuinely believe calling up Gamel right now wouldn't have been worthwhile. It probably doesn't have any real bearing on Prince's future with the club. It was just interesting to think it might mean something after Prince's music choices last week and the couple people who heard rumors about him buying a house in the area.

Fielder will likely be gone after this season, though I do think Attanasio will make one final contract offer to him.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Tonight during his first at-bat, it sounded like the 20th Century Fox movie intro theme was being played.

???????

Movies? He's already thinking about Los Angeles. Pretty obvious where he's signing now.

20th Century Fox... Fox Mulder... played by David Duchovny... who also starred in "Californication"... The Dodgers play in California... formerly owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns 20th Century Fox...Coincidence?

http://www.vinotrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/x-files-believe.jpg

Gruber Lawffices

Archived