Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-27 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 6-4]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's great. There was one announcer some time back who said "Betancourt came over from Seattle as something of a defensive whiz". I can't remember who that was.
Betancourt did have a reputation early in his career as being a good defensive player.

Hit and run, stealing bases, aggressive running. Just don't do it with guys like McGehee.
I like SB or going 1st to 3rd, etc.

But the hit and run is stupid and will always be stupid.

I'm almost never going to complain about a guy getting caught stealing when he's a good base steeler overall, nor will I complain much about a runner being gunned down at the plate with 2 outs. It's some of the other stuff that is annoying me. For instance, RR needs to cut down on the constant bunting and hit and runs, IMO.

Let me get this straight. Yuni makes a great defensive play and if it weren't for Prince having a bad scoop, he would've gotten an out. He helps turn a close double play. Then he runs down a ground ball and throws on the run... and instead of acknowledging he made some nice plays, you guys get on the announcers for saying his range is good. Same thing with last night where he made the 4th top web gem and nobody even said anything about it.

But a ground ball that any player produce an out gets criticism saying he's the worst SS in baseball.

What a relief. I would have went to Hawkins before they brought the tying run to the plate, but they got out of it. Good job Yovani, even without your best control, and pitching around some suspect defense. Now let's see Taylor Green make his major league debut by pinch hitting for Yo.

Archived