Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-27 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 6-4]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replayed it. It was impossible to see where the ball actually was with WMLW, but it looked like Yuni could have ran deeper and kept it in the infield. He was screwed once went too shallow for that ball. There wasn't a chance at an out there, probably for any shortstop, but he could have at least knocked it down.
That was my main complaint. The average shortstop clearly would have dove and kept that on the infield. He's slow and he doesn't try. A shortstop with good range maybe even gives McGehee the confidence to stay at 3rd base for the force.
Whenever a ball gets close to Yuni or McGehee, everyone instantly assumes that an average shortstop would have made a spectacular play on it. It would have taken a great play to knock that down. Once he took the bad angle, he didn't have a shot at a dive and committed way too early to fielding it cleanly. McGehee's defense has been good this half of the season, Yuni's has been about average. Even if he did knock it down, people would probably say the average SS would have turned that into an out. When he makes a great play that gets a web gem (last night) nobody even mentioned it in the thread.

"Prince Fielder... how far will it fly???"

...nobody really knows, since you can't see the ball.

Braun really needs to stop aiming at the top of the wall. He should aim a foot or two above it next time.

Go Crew! I think this is the most career ER against Dempster in his career.

Braun was so close and Prince just crushed one. Those who wonder how we can win a World Series with a terrible infield just need to look at how good those two guys are and how good our rotation and bullpen are. A couple weak spots are not enough to keep us from being able to win a Series. The Giants offense was just as suspect as our defense and they won so I feel alright

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Mr. Jungmann, you sound like you don't have much more than a ribeye between your ears.
Or maybe he was a little nervous and answering the same generic questions over again is probably tiresome.

Archived