Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-27 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Gallardo) - [Brewers win, 6-4]

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice start. Real nice.

The chat room appears to be cooperating this evening, and if someone else joins tomwopat and me I won't feel as bad about getting something to eat. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sleepy McGehee might have gotten the wake-up call he needed. We'll see. It's only one at bat. But it's nice to finally do some damage against Dempster. Now hopefully they don't lay an egg subsequently like they did in the last game against him after a strong first inning.

I don't understand the hatred of the sac bunt. I know it is never a good thing to make an automatic out in front of Braun and Fielder, but with Morgan that is hardly the case. If he gets the bunt down, worst case is an RBI chance with a single for Braun and Prince. Best case, the bunt is good enough for a hit or forces the defense to make an error, which has happened on a number of occasions.

The drag bunt he's doing isn't fooling anyone. I was at the game yesterday and the third baseman was playing well on the infield and they still tried it. It's prone to errors, I'll give you that, but with a player batting .310, it's hard to watch a guy lay down a bunt when he has a runner in scoring position.

McGehee continues to bat well against Dempster and the Cubs. If only every team were named the Cubs.

Betancourt hit a line drive to Soriano for an out again (like he did last night). Before McGehee turned it around, he had a lot of line drive outs, so I hope that's a good sign.

Fielder should have gotten that hop.

There's that league worst range and effort on display from Yuni B.
I still can't see a team as bad as we are on the left side of the infield making a deep postseason run, but hopefully they prove me wrong. A plus defensive SS would of been extremely beneficial to this team.

I replayed it. It was impossible to see where the ball actually was with WMLW, but it looked like Yuni could have ran deeper and kept it in the infield. He was screwed once went too shallow for that ball. There wasn't a chance at an out there, probably for any shortstop, but he could have at least knocked it down.

There's that league worst range and effort on display from Yuni B.
I still can't see a team as bad as we are on the left side of the infield making a deep postseason run, but hopefully they prove me wrong. A plus defensive SS would of been extremely beneficial to this team.

Was there even a plus defensive SS on the market besides Furcal? Glad we passed on him.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

In theory, Morgan's early inning bunt attempts are good idea when there is a runner on first because the infield is not expecting it. But I think that the infield usually plays in for Morgan and that takes away the chance of the bunt going for a bunt hit. I think he's better off taking some pitches or swinging for a hit.

I replayed it. It was impossible to see where the ball actually was with WMLW, but it looked like Yuni could have ran deeper and kept it in the infield. He was screwed once went too shallow for that ball. There wasn't a chance at an out there, probably for any shortstop, but he could have at least knocked it down.
That was my main complaint. The average shortstop clearly would have dove and kept that on the infield. He's slow and he doesn't try. A shortstop with good range maybe even gives McGehee the confidence to stay at 3rd base for the force.

Archived