Brewer Fanatic

Taylor Green called up

Oldcity
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm excited he's being called up, but, for some reason, I doubt he gets any playing time at all -- which is sad. He should be at 3B or 2B against RHP at the very least, every game until Weeks gets back.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Seems strange that a guy who OPS'd below .800 in 2 of his last 3 minor league systems would have an MLE around .850.

Still, even if he puts up a .750, he's an improvment over every single guy on the bench.

These are not projections, they are equivalents. You will get a different answer if you use 2010 stats.

Tyler Green being called up according to FSN Wisconsin.
Actually, according to FS-WI, Tyler Green was being called up. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Very excited for this move. Even if he doesn't get a lot of starts, should be a good left handed bat with a little pop off the bench. Also happy that this means he is not the Mets property, so in 2012 Green should get a shot at the Opening Day roster. Freed Taylor Green!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Using that site, his MLE comes back as .292/.354/.477/.831. Get this guy some playing time!

You must have forgot his HBP's?

I must have, I saw your line came out just a few points higher all around.

A few weeks ago somebody here (Rluz?) was able to grab the Zips projection for Green and it was pretty solid, ~.280/.340/.460/.800. Even if he isn't starting, he'll be a great bat to have on the bench down the stretch.

This might be the last piece needed for a World Series Title. Hope he gets a shot of at least being part of a soft platoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

He should have been called up long ago, but missing piece to the World Series run? I've got my money on him not being on the playoff roster.

Yeah as much as I want him to be, at this point I don't see it happening. Gomez and Weeks still have to come back. I could see maybe another pitcher being left off the playoff roster but then it would be down to Wilson/Green and since it took this long to get him up, they probably prefer Wilson at this point. However, if Green performs better than Wilson over this next month, then he could lock up a spot. Either way, it's not a forgone conclusion that he will be on the playoff roster. But this is definitely a start in the right direction.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

No doubt McGehee's had a sub-standard year, but I think notions of him as a possible non-tender are beyond ridiculous.
Casey's slash stats since the All Star break: .277/.327/.445. That's a near perfect match for his career numbers. So you can make the argument he had a bad half season but is back to being the same hitter he was the previous two seasons. He'll get a nice raise in arbitration. Also, getting back up to his career numbers should make him a tradeable player over the winter.

No doubt McGehee's had a sub-standard year, but I think notions of him as a possible non-tender are beyond ridiculous.
Casey's slash stats since the All Star break: .277/.327/.445. That's a near perfect match for his career numbers. So you can make the argument he had a bad half season but is back to being the same hitter he was the previous two seasons. He'll get a nice raise in arbitration. Also, getting back up to his career numbers should make him a tradeable player over the winter.
But that's basically only a month and a half worth of stats compared to 3 months at the beginning. And I know you can't just take out certain games but those numbers are inflated by his 3 HR game. Not looking strictly at numbers, his approach looks the same to me as it has all year. So IMO, he's on the way down and won't ever be the same player he was the past couple seasons (which some may suggest were the outlier seasons, not this year).
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Hopefully the Brewers can stay hot and clinch relatively soon. Clinching would give Roenecke the ability to play the younger guys like Gamel, Green, and whoever else gets called up while keeping Fielder and McGehee fresh. Either way, Green should start at least twice a week in my opinion. McGehee has not been good this year.

Wait 'til the St. Louis series; maybe they'll have Tyler Greene up from AAA to counter our Taylor Green.

Funny part is Nashville and Memphis are playing right now for the final home stands for each team....

Green has a better shot of forcing his way onto a playoff roster than Gamel would. Despite the fact that Matt's numbers haven't been bad in his spotty major league action he still has that disappointing label for one. Second his high K approach makes so-so production look worse. Green is more likely to look more consistent at the plate, which means if he can have a good game early, he can keep seeing action to build some consistency. I have this notion that Matt's followed up more than one solid game with an 0-fer and multiple Ks. Not saying it will happen, but they are giving Green at least a chance to make an argument to be included. I don't think they have always done a good job putting guys in position to succeed in this brief windows, but they do seem perfectly willing to let a guys major league performance dictate keeping him around (not always when to let him go, but that is a slightly different issue).

What do they need Frankie De La Cruz and Josh Wilson for?

Wilson has a .657 OPS and .601 for his career. They have Betancourt, JHJ, and Counsell as SS options. Weeks, Green, JHJ, and Counsell are the 2nd base options. Josh Wilson is a completely expendable player.

Same thing with Frankie De La Cruz. He's never been good enough in the majors, the minor league numbers don't blow you away, and he's unreliable given how wild he is. Plus, the Brewers will be able to move Narveson and maybe Wolf to the bullpen also in the postseason.

There's plenty of room for Weeks, Gomez, and Green on the playoff roster.

Archived