Brewer Fanatic

Taylor Green called up

Oldcity

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome. Curious to see how they'll use him. I doubt they start him full time, but definitely would like to see him at second and third with Hairston playing more short. Great move that was frankly long overdue.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Didn't really have anything else to prove in AAA. Good to see he'll be on the playoff roster.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

YES! I'd start him.
Probably about a 0% chance of that happening. He will be a pinch hitter type and will probably gets some starts after the Brewers clinch. I am not expecting any more than that

Yuni is the far bigger problem right now IMO and I don't know that they have an easily solution for that problem. I am skeptical that Hairston will shift to SS when Ricke comes back.

The thing about Green is you would think he would be getting some starts later in the year if they are lucky enough to maintain their lead. Maybe with those starts he could impress enough to garner some playoff attention. He could also fail miserably.

Either way, good to have another option.

Great to see this move was made, even though it should have been made earlier.

Now, all the pieces are in place to plug strengthen what has been the weakest area of the team -- the left side of the infield (both offensively and defensively). McGehee/Green should be in a soft platoon, and Hairston should get a significant amount of starts at SS when Weeks comes back. That's what SHOULD happen. Time will tell if this WILL happen.

Didn't really have anything else to prove in AAA. Good to see he'll be on the playoff roster.
Hardly a given yet, but at least he's eligible. Weeks & Gomez would seem to be priorities for roster spots if healthy over Green.

Wilson's eligible, too, but I could see him getting squeezed out by the return of those healthy starters (okay, 1 starter & 1 kinda-platoon starter).

Archived