Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck 2012: January 29

ilovebeer

OK, I edited the subject line to reflect the correct year. For those of you ready to think about winter and 2012 and the next off-season, here's a link to the press release:

I know we had a few really hot, almost unbearable hot, weeks there but I don't want to start thinking about winter for quite a while.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Promoting it at this time would be over the top, but a general press release saying that things are set up and ready to go seems fine.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think they started promoting the 2011 on deck event about this time in 2010, which I thought was sad at the time, because there clearly wasn't much else Brewers to get excited about (except the lingering prospect of save 600). This year there's obviously more shorter-term excitement, but I fully expect there are On Deck 2012 ads at the ballpark this weekend.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 2 months later...
I am thinking of buying a couple tickets for this for a family member for a Christmas gift... but I just don't know if they'd be into it. Is this event really for kids and/or autograph hounds? If you're an adult that doesn't really care about obtaining an autograph, is this event worth going to?

I am thinking of buying a couple tickets for this for a family member for a Christmas gift... but I just don't know if they'd be into it. Is this event really for kids and/or autograph hounds? If you're an adult that doesn't really care about obtaining an autograph, is this event worth going to?
My wife and I went last year. We had fun, but I would say it's more of an event for families with younger kids. There really isn't a lot for adults other than waiting in line for an autograph or two (if you win one of the drawings) and seeing a few displays. I'm not trying to downplay it, but we aren't going to bother going again in the near future.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The main draws are: a) autographs, b) memorabilia (they have a "rummage sale" with some decent stuff, but collectors usually get there right at the opening and snag most of the good stuff), c) memorabilia vendors (there is usually a whole row of people selling sports related memorabilia), and d) random presentations put on by the Brewers (player/coach interviews, team family feud, etc.), then it might not be worth it. If they like any of that, go for it.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived