Brewer Fanatic

blocking online data transfers on websites

pitchleague

hey all,

I'm trying to fix a problem for my wife. For a couple of weeks now she has been unable to read the articles on tvguide.com. The home page opens just fine but any article that she clicks on only opens to the title of the article and then a white screen.

Those annoying "transferring data from googleanalytics" and other sites stay in the lower corner of the screen but never seem to disappear. I know I had a problem with that at one time but I don't remember how to block those/avoid those so she can actually read the articles. Can anybody help me out? It seems like there are tons of stuff transferring data as we've "let it do it's thing" for 20 minutes at a time and it's still going strong.

I'm not sure what to do. I've tried adding stuff to adblockplus but it's not working. She's using XP by the way and Firefox as her browser.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Changed the title like I meant to originally but never did until I remembered to do so an hour later.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think she's using Firefox 5.0. I'll have to try IE on her system or maybe install Chrome or Opera for her and try that.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll have to try when we get home this afternoon.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived