Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-23 Brewers (Estrada) at Pirates (Ohlendorf) - [Brewers win, 11-4]

Am I the only one who has noticed that "Resop" backwards is "poser"?
It's the hawing special. She pointed it out to me sometime last year. I can no longer see Resop without thinking poser.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why Hawkins here? Zero sense.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

*mimics the Ric Flair woo from your avatar*

Our top relievers had not been very active lately. Hawkins, K-Rod, and Axford had each only pitched 2 innings the last 7 seven days. They could have used the work regardless of the score. Making this an even more comfortable finish is a bonus.

He didn't pitch yesterday, and hoping he doesn't tomorrow. Dillard went two yesterday, and De Le Cruz also got roughed up and threw a lot of pitches. Who else do you use?

Hawkins is well rested. He can pitch today and tomorrow if needed.

I expect Ax to get the 9th since he hasn't pitched for about 4 days.

But... why? Lots of guys are well rested.

Gotta keep your top guys sharp. Ax needs work, so does K-Rod, and so did Hawkins.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Hawkins is well rested. He can pitch today and tomorrow if needed.

I expect Ax to get the 9th since he hasn't pitched for about 4 days.

But... why? Lots of guys are well rested.

Gotta keep your top guys sharp. Ax needs work, so does K-Rod, and so did Hawkins.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Guys, I know the Brewers blew a 6-run lead recently, but it's VERY VERY rare to do.
True, but I was at the 2008 game against the Blue Jays were they nearly blew a 7 run lead in the 9th. Yes, they did win, but it left a permanent scar on my psyche. I almost feel worse when they are up by more than 4. I know it's irrational, but I just felt like sharing...
You may run like Mays...

He didn't pitch yesterday, and hoping he doesn't tomorrow. Dillard went two yesterday, and De Le Cruz also got roughed up and threw a lot of pitches. Who else do you use?

Loe

Loe pitched yesterday, but I imagine he might come in and pitch the 9th.

Saying it makes 'zero sense' is really silly, considering it makes a lot of sense.

He's had a bad season and deserved to lose his spot. A home run today doesn't change that.
I haven't seen the Braves pull Dan Uggla from their lineup and he's had a bad season overall. Sure he had the hit streak and has 28 bombs, but he's had a bad season. Should he lose his spot? Just checking.
Get back to me when McGehee goes on a 1.100 OPS tear over 40 games.
I'm sorry. My bad. I should have said, "Should he have lost his spot prior to the hitting streak?" Would that be a good enough equivalent to McGehee's season for you?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Cardinals will be 10 games back at the end of the night, barring something drastic. The best part of this all is that the Brewers had their streak after the trading deadline. Pujols and Berkman would have been pretty darn attractive to teams looking for a big bat, but now they'll be playing out the string in STL (Pujols trade would have been shocking, but Berkman would have been great trade bait).

Archived