Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-23 Brewers (Estrada) at Pirates (Ohlendorf) - [Brewers win, 11-4]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate this friggin ballpark. Braun should have 2 home runs. Thankfully on the first one he was cashed in anyways, but the 2nd time we lose 2 runs as a result. And I still can't stand our #5 and 6 hitters. I know Casey has a home run, but how many implied run scoring opportunities does he waste for this team. If that inning comes back to haunt us it'll only add to the frustration.

I know that nothing is going to change, but even when McGehee and Yuni as "swinging the bat well" they are pretty brutal to watch. With a pitcher struggling this much and the bases juiced why would they be up there hacking at borderline pitches? If only there were other options...

Then McGehee and Yuni doing what they've done all season.
You're going to get on McGehee for making an out in a 7-1 game after he hit a 2-run homer in his previous AB?
Not to mention Yuni had two hits in the second inning...

You're going to get on McGehee for making an out in a 7-1 game after he hit a 2-run homer in his previous AB?
Going into tonight Casey had an OPS of .849 in August but people are still going to rip him because he isnt Taylor Greene. He is playing good baseball lately. Unlike when Yuni did it one can think Casey might be turning stuff around since he has been pretty good the past few years

He's had a bad season and deserved to lose his spot. A home run today doesn't change that.

Not to mention Yuni had two hits in the second inning...

One of the luxuries that comes along with a 10 game lead is the ability to criticize and blame players even when they are playing well!

As of right now it looks like the Brewers will being clinching early, will that hurt the attendance at all?
Doubtful. The only games it might hurt are those last three vs. the Pirates, but even if people don't show if the tickets are purchased the Brewers already have that money. The Florida series will have 2 for sure sellouts (Wolf bobblehead day, fan appreciation day). They may not have clinched by the Rockies series, but if they're close those games will sell out, too.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Squandering a runner on third/bases loaded and nobody out, is a pet peeve of mine, as I'm sure it is a lot of Brewers' fans. It's undisciplined baseball and a lot of times leads to momentum swings because the opponent feels like they should have been in worse shape than they already were. It's only natural to get mad at the players who caused the failure. When it's 2 players who've been a liability over the course of a year, it's only natural to get especially frustrated with them, even if they had success previously in this particular game.

Archived