Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-23 Brewers (Estrada) at Pirates (Ohlendorf) - [Brewers win, 11-4]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't believe some people thought the Pirates were legit or even had a chance a month ago.
Drew Olson said it for two months, wait until the end of July when the young Pirates pitching staff crumbles. The hype machine got out in front of itself, again.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewers will have around a 7-run lead by the time the Cardinals take the field. Not that the players follow scores, but it has to be nerve-wrecking for Cardinals fans to see their team likely playing to keep the Brewers within 9 games instead of 10.

I still can't believe some people thought the Pirates were legit or even had a chance a month ago.
Drew Olson said it for two months, wait until the end of July when the young Pirates pitching staff crumbles. The hype machine got out in front of itself, again.
A team with one good player isn't going to go very far.

I forgot the game started at 6 instead of 7 and tuned in just in time for the start of the bottom of the second :/ I wonder if Uecker had time to pimp the Menards big inning promotion before it happened.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Just because I can, I started looking at the schedules for both StL and the Crew, and I think the Brewers are most likely to clinch the division while on the 6-game road trip to Cinci and Chicago from Sept 16 through Sept 21. That's cool and all but you have to think it would be more satisfying if it happens at MP. A clincher at a Wrigley Field filled with Brew fans would be a nice twist of the knife as well. Maybe we should start a pool on the front page picking the clinch date.

Yeah, go ahead and start the 'jinx' replies now. I don't care.

I know it's probably irrelevant, but I didn't think he had a chance to catch that, and it looked like he thought it was gone.

Not sure where Morgan was on the bases, but I'm surprised he didn't score.

Archived