Brewer Fanatic

Moving a Pool Table....

Dragonbait

Its 40yr old 8' table w/ ball return.. (good condition as far as my untrained eye can tell)

Wife doesn't want to spend the money for the moving company, but I don't want to break the table (or put it back together wrong)

You knew me as Myday2001.

Is the slate a single slab or does it come apart into 3 pieces? That will be a key factor in ease of move.

I had looked into moving an old pool table last year when I discovered an old 40 year old table from my Uncle's pool hall in the garage of a cousin who said I could have it for free if I just got it out of his garage. It had a single piece, couple inch thick marble slate that weighed over 800 lbs. I called all around and most places wouldn't guarantee not to break it but Midwest Billiards in Madison said they would move it and set the thing up in my basement. The catch was the cost to drive 120 miles round trip to my cousin's house and set up was going to run like $600 plus the cost of new felt, fixing the bumpers, buying balls, refurbing the ball return, cues, etc. the whole thing was going to run me over $1000 and they wouldn't guarantee not to break the solid piece of slate. I ended up just buying a new one and having it set up. My wife was there the day the brand new table was delivered and set up, she said the guys from the pool table company took almost 3 hours to get it all up and level just to give you an idea of how long the pros took to set it up.

Archived