Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-22 Brewers (Greinke) at Pirates (Lincoln) - [Game 2; Brewers lose, 9-2]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grrrrrr-umble

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

People here are really critical of Wilson. Looking quick at Baseball Reference, he's actually got higher averages than JHJ, Lopez, and Counsell in just about every category, and this is with long breaks in-between games. He's had some good defensive plays, and he's been the hero down in Florida. He plays as hard, if not harder than most of the infielders (the first batter in the first he dove at a ball he had no business fielding). He's average for the spot he's in, so I'm not going to knock him and say he's worthless after taking a bad hop off the chest.

always annoying to see bad baserunning. But if Fielder stays at third, it's a man on third with two outs. The end result of Prince getting caught was a man on second with two outs. Obviously a little bit worse, but not really that big of a deal.

always annoying to see bad baserunning. But if Fielder stays at third, it's a man on third with two outs. The end result of Prince getting caught was a man on second with two outs. Obviously a little bit worse, but not really that big of a deal.
yeah, until Yuni over-runs second and completes the triple play http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Runner at 3rd two outs sounds a lot better than runner at 2nd with two outs. He had to check Fielder at third, so I don't think the throw would've beat Yuni at first.

And we're tied.
That ball was hit really hard (yuni's groundball. and doumit's homer I suppose). Even with having to check the runner, it would have been a DP.

And yes, it's always better to have a man on third, but with two outs the difference isn't really that significant. I don't like to see the baserunning error either, they've been frustrating this season....but I'm just making the point that it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the course of that inning.

Runner at 3rd two outs sounds a lot better than runner at 2nd with two outs. He had to check Fielder at third, so I don't think the throw would've beat Yuni at first.

And we're tied.
That ball was hit really hard (yuni's groundball. and doumit's homer I suppose). Even with having to check the runner, it would have been a DP.

And yes, it's always better to have a man on third, but with two outs the difference isn't really that significant. I don't like to see the baserunning error either, they've been frustrating this season....but I'm just making the point that it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the course of that inning.

Am I missing something here but isn't the play to run home and worse case you get 1st and 2nd with 1 out and ideally you get in a rundown to get 2nd and 3rd with one out? Else I am teaching my first graders all wrong..

Archived