Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-22 Brewers (Narveson) at Pirates (Karstens) - [Game 1; Brewers win, 8-1]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
If you would have told me that the Brewers would have 8 runs and 11 hits with the this lineup i wouldn't have believed you.

This team is doing unbelievable things on a daily basis.

I can't believe this run right now. The Phillies seemed uncatchable just a week ago, but now it doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility to get close to their record and the #1 seed. It would be an amazing feat, but now a real possibility.

When does game 2 start?

If we can get the division lead to 10 games, I will make a proclamation.
I've begun making said proclamation after yesterdays win.
I've bitten my tongue to this point. 10 feels like a good time, if it comes.

If we can get the division lead to 10 games, I will make a proclamation.
I've begun making said proclamation after yesterdays win.
I've bitten my tongue to this point. 10 feels like a good time, if it comes.

Fair enough. I think if we weren't all paranoid Brewers fans used to disappointment these types of proclamations would have been made a while ago. With out starting rotation I don't see us blowing a crazy lead like we currently have.

Don't want to be a downer ,but

On Sept. 6, 2009, Detroit had a very comfortable 7 game lead over Minnesota in the American League Central, and appeared poised for their first division crown since 1987. However the Twins would not surrender and won 17 of their last 21 games, including Tuesday night’s 12-inning epic tiebreaker, to win their fifth Central crown in eight years.

Detroit won just 4 of its last 11 games of the season and a mere 11 of its last 27 to complete the historic collapse. This is eerily reminiscent of the 2007 Mets who squandered their own 7 game lead with just 17 left to play, before finishing second to the Phillies.

I wait till we win the divsion in 23 games or less

Was at both games yesterday. Had a great time, up until the bottom of the 7th of game 2.

Took my Dad, and apparently, we got on FSN a couple times (the old guy in the Fingers shirt with the epic chops is my dad). What a beautiful park, and it's kind of neat, they have about 15 different price points all around the stadium for tickets -- 5 in the upper deck alone (unlike 2 for MP).

Ready to go back tonight!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Don't want to be a downer ,but

On Sept. 6, 2009, Detroit had a very comfortable 7 game lead over Minnesota in the American League Central, and appeared poised for their first division crown since 1987. However the Twins would not surrender and won 17 of their last 21 games, including Tuesday night’s 12-inning epic tiebreaker, to win their fifth Central crown in eight years.

Detroit won just 4 of its last 11 games of the season and a mere 11 of its last 27 to complete the historic collapse. This is eerily reminiscent of the 2007 Mets who squandered their own 7 game lead with just 17 left to play, before finishing second to the Phillies.

I wait till we win the divsion in 23 games or less

Historically, yeah, these things happen, and they do happen, but the odds of them happening are pretty small. Right now the Brewers are over 95%, according to most methods of evaluation.

Archived