Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-22 Brewers (Narveson) at Pirates (Karstens) - [Game 1; Brewers win, 8-1]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haudricourt Tom

#Brewers LHP Chris Narveson, just of the DL from a lacerated thumb, leaves game in 6th inning with apparent blister on middle finger.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Giving guys even bench guys some work is a solid decision.

Giving guys some time off during a DH is defensible.

To some extent the fact that RR has garbage at the bottom of the roster isn't his fault (though to some extent it is)

So I'm in the camp that some of the lineup complaints don't make a lot of sense because given that they are on the roster they do need to play.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Late to the chat here, evening fellas (and ladies, I'm sure).

Can't complain about 5 1/3 scoreless out of Narvy there. Would have been nice to get through 6, but it is what it is.

Good thing we got 7 strong out of Yo last night, and hopefully Greinke can do the same in the nightcap here.

That's the 25th man on the playoff roster. He has a little value to this team as a defender, baserunner, and gritty battler.

Good enough job by Saito. Now that we got through the 7th using Saito I'd like to see Hawkins readying for the 8th, Axford in the 9th, and K-Rod preserved as the closer for game 2.

Archived