Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-22 Brewers (Narveson) at Pirates (Karstens) - [Game 1; Brewers win, 8-1]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not questioning Ron's lineups any more. They seem to work, and we're 24 games over .500, so he must be pretty good at this stuff.

That is how I feel. A lot of the complaints seem rather nit picky at this point.

The fact that the pitching has been unreal has nothing to do with it? And they also won on the last homestand while the offense was pretty bad. With as good as the team (especially pitching) has been playing, I don't think it really mattered who was managing.
All I'm saying, is the way this team is playing is giving me great vibes, and I'm not going to nitpick about stuff that seems to be working. I'm not going to let little things get me down, I'm just going to enjoy the ride and cheer on every single one of these guys. I know there is a lot of people on this board that like to manage from their living room, but I know I couldn't do as good a job as RR has, and that's why I am not going to criticize someone who does something well, that I couldn't. Same reason that I don't feel I have a right to criticize guys like Yuni or Kotsay for doing a job that I know I could never do well. Plus, as I'm typing this, Yuni and Kottaras just got us two runs. That's all I'm saying, trying to bring some more good karma to our boys.

That is how I feel. A lot of the complaints seem rather nit picky at this point.
The fact that the pitching has been unreal has nothing to do with it? And they also won on the last homestand while the offense was pretty bad. With as good as the team (especially pitching) has been playing, I don't think it really mattered who was managing.
All I'm saying, is the way this team is playing is giving me great vibes, and I'm not going to nitpick about stuff that seems to be working. I'm not going to let little things get me down, I'm just going to enjoy the ride and cheer on every single one of these guys. I know there is a lot of people on this board that like to manage from their living room, but I know I couldn't do as good a job as RR has, and that's why I am not going to criticize someone who does something well, that I couldn't. Same reason that I don't feel I have a right to criticize guys like Yuni or Kotsay for doing a job that I know I could never do well. Plus, as I'm typing this, Yuni and Kottaras just got us two runs. That's all I'm saying, trying to bring some more good karma to our boys.
I'm enjoying the ride too. I've basically stopped criticizing him since the all-star break. I still think he makes dumb decisions sometimes but a lot of managers do. But I also won't act like he's the reason (or even a part of the reason) that they have been winning because I think he cost them quite a few wins earlier in the year. I just don't like how most people think wins = great manager while losses = bad manager.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I never said he was a great manager, I just said he does better than I could, (and most likely you). That's why I'm not going to criticize his decisions because they seem to work. Today, all of our hits have come from our bench, Yuni, and our pitcher. Maybe RR knows what he's doing.

I never said he was a great manager, I just said he does better than I could, (and most likely you). That's why I'm not going to criticize his decisions because they seem to work. Today, all of our hits have come from our bench, Yuni, and our pitcher. Maybe RR knows what he's doing.

I'm not trying to argue, I was just giving my opinion because you said "he must be pretty good at this stuff." I took that to mean that you were attributing (at least partly) their success to his lineups. And just cuz the bench, Yuni, and Narveson of all the hits doesn't really mean anything because this is one game.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

A friend at work told me if the Brewers win both games, that Houston is officially eliminated from winning the central, is that true and that has to be one of the earliest in history

Magic number = remaining games + 1 - lead in loss column

So us over Houston = 34 + 1 - 33 = 2

Your friend was correct, any combination of 2 more wins for us or losses for Houston means they are eliminated

Archived