Brewer Fanatic

How is Jamey Wright still in baseball?

RockCoCougars

Just watching some MLB highlights of Damon hitting a contested grand slam. This reminded me of one of the great unsolved mysteries of mankind....namely, how has Jamey Wright held a spot on a MLB roster for so long? It's not like he's left handed or anything. It seems like forever ago that he was stinking up the joint for the Brewers, and he was already a failed prospect at that point.

Another good question is why is he being used to protect a lead? I'm so glad that the Brewers didn't hire Eric Wedge.

keeps the ball in the park.

That may be true. It seems like ages ago that Dean Taylor was selling the horrific Cirillo trade by telling us that Wright's nasty sinker was affected by Coors Field. That said, his career WHIP is over 1.5 and he walks almost as many guys as he strikes out.

He's plenty passable in a middle relief role.

Looking at his stats he's been better than I thought the past few years, but he's been pitching in Seattle. I don't get it, you'd think a team would just go with a young guy.

Archived