Brewer Fanatic

Upcoming SI article on Nyjer Morgan/T-Plush's rat-pack

DannoMac21
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great beginning to the article talking about Nyjer introducing himself to the team after the late acquisition...

"The other Brewers had introduced themselves early in camp, revealing little more than their names, hometowns and previous career stops. Morgan planned to be equally cautious, the respectful and deferential newcomer. But as he fidgeted, he thought about what the team's cornerstones, outfielder Ryan Braun and first baseman Prince Fielder, had told him when he walked through the door: "We want you to be yourself."

Morgan could be genuine or he could be polite, but he could not be both. He sweated some more. Finally, he flexed his arms in front of his chest, scrunched his face into an exaggerated scowl, and shouted the first words that came to mind: "What's up f------!" Some of his new teammates sat in confused silence. Others laughed awkwardly. They weren't sure whether to hug or pummel him. "Everybody kind of looked at each other," says John Axford. "It was like, 'Who is this?'"

Even if the Tony Plush stuff is getting a little tired, you have to love a character like this that is actually contributing to the success of the team.

I'll have to revisit this thread after I read the article in the magazine. I paid for the subscription so I might as well read it from the source that is paid for.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/300649_10150284209050003_45083850002_8065661_4738431_n.jpg

Wow, pretty awesome cover.

Looking at this again Tuesday night, I realized that we know the Brewers employee in the left background. He used to be our usher in TB 417 during the otherwise down years of the 2000s, and he's now stationed near the visitors' dugout. Never in my life did it occur to me that someone I know might someday appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. For me, it just adds to the awesome.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/300649_10150284209050003_45083850002_8065661_4738431_n.jpg

Wow, pretty awesome cover.

Looking at this again Tuesday night, I realized that we know the Brewers employee in the left background. He used to be our usher in TB 417 during the otherwise down years of the 2000s, and he's now stationed near the visitors' dugout. Never in my life did it occur to me that someone I know might someday appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. For me, it just adds to the awesome.

I know this sounds superstitious, but I really hope the SI cover is not a curse. I want the Brewers to do really, really well this season, even better than 1982.

For the collectors out there, Beckett slabs some of each SI issue (usually no more than 20 total for each issue) and designates them as uncirculated. They just put up the Brewers issue for sale ($19.99 each):

http://www.beckett.com/co...ckettMediaExclusive.html

I didn't want an uncirculated one, I just wanted to enjoy that one issue. But every single outlet in my area was sold out. Is there anywhere else I can buy just that one issue without the insane markup?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived