Brewer Fanatic

Can We Win 100 Games?

Call me greedy, but I want 100 the way this team is playing right now. Keep our foot on the gas, all the way to Game 7 of the WS!

@NYM 1-0 (let's sweep baby) **76-52

@Pitt 3-1 (split the DH) **79-53

ChC 3-0 (they helped us with the cards, but let's crush em) **82-53

StL 2-1 (this might be the dagger) **84-54

@Hou 3-0 (why not) **87-54

@StL 1-2 (too little too late) **88-56

Philly 2-2 (might need to win series to get to 100) **90-58

Colorado 2-0 **92-58

@Cinci 2-1 **94-59

@ Cubs 2-1 **96-60

Florida 2-1 **98-61

Pitt 3-0 (we own em) **101-61

Thoughts? If we split (or better) our 10 games with Phi/STL, i think we can get there

Great work there, but at some point we cool off and go 3-7 in a ten game span. Also, if the division is locked up I can see many AAA players playing in the last 10 games or so.

I've always hated that strategy and thought it was foolish. Why take your foot off the gas when you're moving ahead at full speed. Give the AAA kids some September exposure in seasons where we aren't contending. Pour it on and stay on a roll right into the postseason. Maybe cut your pitchers back from 100-110 pitches to 85-95 pitches to keep them fresh, but I'd much rather be 8-2 going into the playoffs than 2-8, even if it was the AAA talent losing for us. The Indy Colts late season flameouts come to mind, and I'd attribute a part of that to their decision to "throw in the towel" on meaningless games late in the season.. I think the risk of "cooling off" is much greater than "our stars might get hurt"

READJUSTED FOR "WORST CASE SCENARIO"

@NYM 0-1 **75-53 (DPR plays "sunday" lineup)

@Pitt 1-3 **76-56 (Pitt gets some long term aggression out of their system)

ChC 2-1 **78-57 (Cubs pull a Cubs Move, Zambrano No-Hits us, and Hendry gives him a 5/75 extension)... oh wait

StL 1-2 **79-59 (Pujols goes nuts)

@Hou 2-1 **81-60 (We continue our dominance)

@StL 1-2 **82-62 (Cards have us swept but TLR orders Braun beaned to force in the winning run in game 3)

Philly 1-3 **83-65 (Prince overdoses on Philly Cheese Steak)

Colorado 1-1 **84-66 (Braun reminds Tulo that you need to win to have swagger)

@Cinci 1-2 **85-68 (Great American Ballpark Curse)

@ Cubs 2-1 **87-69 (Untuckem returns to celebrate the division title at Wrigley)

Florida 3-0 **90-69 (Craig Counsel goes deep TWICE in his last ever start)

Pitt 3-0 **93-69 (Pittsburgh players decide to go home early for the season and forfeit 3 games)

Community Moderator
Call me greedy, but I want 100 the way this team is playing right now. Keep our foot on the gas, all the way to Game 7 of the WS!

Game 7 of the World Series? I think you meant Game 4 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think it's hard in part, because while I agree that you don't want to just rest everybody for a week if you clinch you still give some guys an extra day off or two, and maybe plug in a starter or two to set up the rotation. And I don't think that fighting with the Phillies for home field in this situation is compelling enough to keep the pedal all the way to the floor. With the way the games are staggered the advantage only really exists in part of the potential series. You also already have homefield for the wildcard round, and thanks to Prince the World Series if you get that far. Maybe Roenicke feels different, but that little bit of tinkering the last week is enough in my mind to make it really hard to imagine, but then again...

Game 7 of the World Series? I think you meant Game 4

seven games means additional revenue for the brewers to re-sign prince fielder.

Game 7 of the World Series? I think you meant Game 4

seven games means additional revenue for the brewers to re-sign prince fielder.

If in 2011, Packers = Superbowl winner, Brewers = World Series winner, Wisconsin = Title State USA, home of the champions ? Just wondering.

yeah, we've been pretty spoiled when it comes to sports the past few years. so glad we don't have to live in Illinois.

there has to be a way to give our starters a rest without necessarily taking our foot off the gas. maybe Dillard and DeLaCruz getting a few more innings than normal, maybe our starters get a 5th day of rest heading into October, maybe some hitters get a day off. i don't think that'd be too much.

this has been such a happy surprise. i really thought this season would come down to the last week of play with the Brewers, Cardinals and Reds all within two games of each other. i know we'll probably hit that cold streak, but i sure hope it doesn't start somewhere around the beginning of October.

How about finishing up 15-3 at home to end with less than 20 home losses? I think at their current pace they end up squarely on 20. Another one of those "doubt it happens" deals but would be neat to see. And if they did it they would have a great shot at the 100 mark.

Yeah I'd really think about going to a six man rotation the rest of September as soon as we clinch the division. Although that probably won't happen till mid-late September, I wonder if that would really even be worth it. But I would at least get our starters out a wee bit early. No more 120 pitch games the rest of the way. And I would also give our bench/role players a bit more at bats so they can hopefully be locked in come October. Although if the Phillies are within reach after we clinch the division, I say you gotta put the pedal to the floor. I think it's gonna be that important to have home field advantage if we go against Philly in the NLCS.

Archived