Brewer Fanatic

I HATE black out restrictions

Cyanogen5
Man, all I want to do is watch the game today, but I live in Houston and FOX has decided that we want to watch the Cubs and Cardinals game instead of the Brewers and Mets. If only we were playing that other New York team...I might actually get to watch them. And because of blackout restrictions I wont be able watch the game on MLB.tv either. Don't get me wrong, I will be listening to Uecker, but I just want to scream right now!!!!!

I feel your pain. I live in Iowa, and due to the weird MLB market rules, I get to see 95% of the Brewers games here (Iowa is considered in market for six different teams). However, because one of the other games is Cubs vs. Cardinals, two of the other in-market teams, I'm out of luck today. I would love to watch Fox and see their advertisements, but I won't be able to.

Community Moderator

Same thing happened to me last week here in Miami, but fortunately they chose the Brewers for the national broadcast today.

The rules are so stupid, I ended up doing something else because the Yankees game was of no interest to me.

I'm totally with you guys...I'm in Chicago and am blacked out for some reason. There's NO (legal) possible way for me to watch the game. And with what I'm hearing with the Braun and Fielder homers, they were ones for the highlight reel.

Hey, at least you're in Houston and don't get blacked out of games against the Astros. I'm in Fort Worth and am in Houston's "home territory" despite being 20 minutes from the Rangers.

I also got Cubs-Cards today, which cheezed me off something fierce. Fierce enough to spell "cheeze" with a "z" at least.

At least they did break into the games and show the highlights on the Chicago feed. But it still sucks. I am seriously considering putting a slingbox at my parents place back in Milwaukee.

This is a good idea, except the sling box does not have a tuner, so you will end up watching whatever your parents have tuned in.

I have one hooked up at my ex wifes house, since I dont want to watch what she or my son are watching, and since they only have 1 box, I used an old vcr as a tuner (this is just for basic cable) and tucked it in a corner.

At least they did break into the games and show the highlights on the Chicago feed. But it still sucks. I am seriously considering putting a slingbox at my parents place back in Milwaukee.

This is a good idea, except the sling box does not have a tuner, so you will end up watching whatever your parents have tuned in.

I have one hooked up at my ex wifes house, since I dont want to watch what she or my son are watching, and since they only have 1 box, I used an old vcr as a tuner (this is just for basic cable) and tucked it in a corner.
There are Slingbox models with tuners. The coax goes right into the Slingbox and you control the channel with the software.

There are Slingbox models with tuners. The coax goes right into the Slingbox and you control the channel with the software.
Yea, I would get that and just install it in the basement so they wouldn't have to even think about it. I don't want to watch HGTV 17 hours a day like my mom does.

Archived