Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-19 Brewers (Marcum) at Mets (Pelfrey) - [Brewers win - 6-1]

The shot of that snuggling couple made me think of tonight's Kiss Cam at the Braves game. Usual stuff, then at the end, they showed a D-backs fan by himself. He just sat there for a couple seconds and then, on the gigantic jumbtron, flipped the camera the bird. Awesome.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the short tunraround maybe things will stay salty overnight. Of course, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow afternoon that I want nothing to do with (and where there wil be virtually nobody to talk sports with), which virtually guarantees a great TV game that I will be forced to miss.

Where at? I have one tomorrow too.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Would love to know what happened there. Hopefully we get something juicy in the post game presser. Just keep winning boys.
Looked like the pitcher might have been talking some smack or something as Prince ran to first or after he turned to jog back once he was out. I would love to know what was said.
I know what Prince said. "You talkin to me?"

NSFW at the end, BTW.

With the short tunraround maybe things will stay salty overnight. Of course, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow afternoon that I want nothing to do with (and where there wil be virtually nobody to talk sports with), which virtually guarantees a great TV game that I will be forced to miss.

Where at? I have one tomorrow too.

Minneapolis. It's outdoors, so I'll be wearing taseful khaki shorts with a dress shirt. The secret code greeting is the "Beast mode" thing.

To be fair, I do believe school in Atlanta has all ready started. I just went and looked Atlanta started school last week, that is early.
It's nuts down here. Some schools started at the beginning of August. August 15th is actually LATE for Atlanta. I almost feel bad for the kids.

My kids started school on July 25th in Chandler Arizona... Year round school... Crazy stuff!

dang, I miss the year round school. When we had it, it was the greatest three years of my teaching life.

On topic, YAY Brewers!

As for Prince, you could clearly hear him utter out a vulgarity after he hit the ball and while he was running out of the batter's box. It was my assumption, as well, that Byrdak took it the wrong way and responded to it. Prince should have just let it go, really, instead of approaching Byrdak to explain himself. Probably should have done so after the game in a calm manner (not like Prince did in LA a couple of years ago.)

Missed the post-game presser. What was up with Roenicke?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

http://milwaukee.brewers...._id=8879232&c_id=mil

Not that it's really all that noteworthy, but this is really one of the first times a highlight of an ejection has had clear enough audio to hear word for word what both the ump and player were saying. Let's just say it is noticeable enough to be an FCC violation on Braun!

I don't necessarily have a judgement either way. Braun obviously had a case that it wasn't a strike, via fox trak, but he was not exactly family friendly in arguing his case either. Ump actually let him argue longer than some would.

(edit: put in direct link to video --1992)

Archived