Brewer Fanatic

2011-08-19 Brewers (Marcum) at Mets (Pelfrey) - [Brewers win - 6-1]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun was just dumb. It was a borderline pitch. Probably low, but not egrigiously so. ANd the ump gave him plenty of leeway and he just took himslef out of the game, basically.

Not sure why there is some saltiness in this one tonight.

Braun got tossed for complaing about strikes.

Vehemently? How bad was it?

He just wouldn't leave the batter's box. Ump gave him plenty of time to make his point, but Braun kept it up too long. Easy decision really, Braun pretty much acted like he wanted to get run. A lot of it goes back to Corey Hart's AB where two strikes were called at the knees/ below the knees.

Would love to know what happened there. Hopefully we get something juicy in the post game presser. Just keep winning boys.
Looked like the pitcher might have been talking some smack or something as Prince ran to first or after he turned to jog back once he was out. I would love to know what was said.

With the short tunraround maybe things will stay salty overnight. Of course, I have to go to a wedding tomorrow afternoon that I want nothing to do with (and where there wil be virtually nobody to talk sports with), which virtually guarantees a great TV game that I will be forced to miss.

Would love to know what happened there. Hopefully we get something juicy in the post game presser. Just keep winning boys.
Looked like the pitcher might have been talking some smack or something as Prince ran to first or after he turned to jog back once he was out. I would love to know what was said.
As Prince was running to first he was cursing at himself. The pitcher responded with a subtle return insult thinking that Prince was talking to him. Prince got defensive about it and felt the need to run up to the pitcher and tell him that he was actually cursing at himself. You could see on the Met's replay Prince saying, "I was talking to myself".

Word on the Mets telecast is that Prince yelled something to himself as he was leaving the batters box and the pitcher took exception to it and chirped back at Prince as he ran past... Prince was clearly telling the pitcher that he was "yelling at himself"...

Archived